Filed / Tracking Rotation Sensitivity changes do not persist on MP [01565]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by Garaman, Oct 9, 2022.

1. Garaman

Garaman Captain

Build: 1.8.10 3876
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Multiplayer

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Type: Flight model

Summary: When on a server, if you adjust the rotation sensitivities and then exit and re-join the slider values are restored to their defaults

Description:
    Tested on official EXP server. If I spawn an SV or CV and dial down the rotation sensitivities using the sliders on the control panel they only work for that play session. If I quit and rejoin the server they get reset to 1.0 (which are the defaults of the BP I was using).

Does not manifest on single player.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Join an MP server
    2. Spawn a CV or SV (or HV likely)
    3. Change the Rotation Sensitivity sliders on the Statistics page to different values
    4. Exit the server
    5. Rejoin the server. The changes you made will not persist.

2. TwitchyJ

TwitchyJ Commander

I can confirm.
    The only way I've found to make them stick on a server is to adjust the sliders, save the blueprint after adjusting them, and then spawn a fresh copy of the blueprint with them already adjusted.

Once again it seems we are punished for building in survival and not using blueprints.
    Take building a base in survival as an example. If you build by hand you frequently can't place blocks that intersect the terrain, the game simply won't allow you to place them most of the time unless you are in god mode (or you completely dig out the terrain, hence no structural support anymore).
    But if you use blueprints you have no such issues and can sink them into the terrain as you wish.
    Punished for building in survival.....