Several container extension shapes now have the wrong volume capacity

Discussion in 'Backlog' started by Garaman, Jun 17, 2023.

1. Garaman

Garaman Captain

Build: 1.9.14 4139
    Mode: Creative / Survival
    Mode: Single Player / Multiplayer

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Type: Container extensions

Summary: Several of the small and large container extension shapes now have a different (larger) volume capacity, resulting in some storage controllers having more capacity than they used to

Description:
    It appears that several of the container extension shapes now provide the same volume capacity as the full cube. In previous versions they were always a bit less. I didn't see any patch notes indicating that this "buff" was deliberate so I'm assuming it's a bug.

Affected shapes that show the full cube volume capacity (8kSU large, 125SU small) are: Cut Corner B, Corner Round A Double, Cylinder, and Cylinder 6-Way

Other shapes may also have changed, but I don't have a reference for the original values.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Place a CV container controller, then attach a Cut Corner B extension to it. The volume will show at 16 kSU.
    2. Place an SV container controller, then attach a Cut Corner B extension to it. The volume will show as 250 SU.

Vollinger likes this.
  2. Garaman

Garaman Captain

For validation purposes I'm attaching a reference ship on which I first noticed this issue. The red container extension chain on this SV used to be exactly 16,000 SU. I accomplished the exact number by swapping out two full cube blocks for the shaped yellow blocks in the second screenshot to lower the capacity to the even number. In the current version the container capacity reads as 16,393 SU.

Two versions of the ship: with components + only extenders:
    [​IMG]

The two yellow extensions on the starboard side are the ones I put in to make the chain exactly 16k.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Vollinger likes this.