sliders to adjust thrust, we need twice as much

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Pear78, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Pear78

Pear78 Captain

We need to be able to set the thrust levels for all directions, not like now on all axis..
    a lot of (cargo) builds have a lot of lift thrust, this makes for a really high roll number..

so I adjust the slider down a bit.. but now my downwards thrust is less too, so I hardly can dive any more..
    pitching up way too fast, diving down way too slow.

can we get adjusters per thrust direction, so we can set up our flight systems properly?

bluemax151, Khazul and Alhira_K like this.
  2. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

Have I missed something again?
    When you refer to "the slider", are you talking about the setting the cruise control that allows you to give your finger a rest, or is there another control that I apparently don't know about (again).

3. Pear78

Pear78 Captain

in the P menu you can slide the torque settings for thrust, this is possible on 3 axis.. but we need it in 6 directions, since a lot of builds have more lift and backward thrust than they have thrust in the other directions

4. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

Oh, I see. I took those adjustments as torque rather than thrust and being more related to RCS.
    But I see your point and agree that having such an adjustable thrust would be beneficial. Currently, I have isolated groups of thrusters for cruising, maneuvering, and combat to vary available thrust until we get a throttle.

Pear78 likes this.
  5. bluemax151

bluemax151 Captain

We may need a toggle that equalizes thrust in all directions on/off. Otherwise you have to use the P menu each time you're under load and make fine adjustments? Of course if you have really low thrust in certain directions this has issues as well.

Currently I utilize signals or switches to toggle thrusters on/off but this only works well when your thrusters are of similar sizes in all directions.

6. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

TBH - I kind of expect any reasonable future flight control computer to do this on the fly and not have to be fiddled with, but I suspect their math/physics just isnt upto it (existing moment summing seems flawed currently). Equalizing to lower amount on each axis was something I suggested when I suggested they add some sliders.

Pear78 likes this.