[SOLVED] make ship private on pve server?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by me777, Jul 16, 2024.

1. me777

me777 Commander

I have an private server and use EAH; now I started a new game with RE2.

The Problem I have is all structures I build belong to the faction human, at first i did not notice this but now I wanted to make my own faction and asumed everything was private...
    well it was not private and I locked myself out of my stuff, had to put me back into the human faction with EAH.
    And I can not make my stuff private, the dropdown only says hum.

Now I wonder what I did wrong in setting this game up; must be one of those pesky checkboxes in the game options?

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Try using gm iv (godmode invisible) and seeing if that allows you to set them back to private.

3. me777

me777 Commander

I did some experimenting with EAH and got most stuff moved to private.
    i think was happened is whem i left Human i was no longer the owner even when i was back in, so that must be the reason for changing it to private after the accident did not work. I can not say if it was not possible bevore i left human.

still i wonder why my stuff was shared with the origin faction from the start, 'would really like to avoid this the next new savegame.

4. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    • Administrator
    GameOptions.yaml > OriginFactionStart: false

You have this prob to true, this is a setting for CooP so friends do not have to create a faction and such

On a MP Server setting this to true, means that every player is in the default faction and has access to eachother's stuff

5. me777

me777 Commander

Thank You so much, Taelyn, that was exact what it was.
    (and knowing what it does the description makes sense, bevore i like did not understand what it did...)

Taelyn likes this.