Survival Build tools (N Menu)

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by runlykhel, Oct 27, 2019.

1. runlykhel

runlykhel Captain

I guess I'm just slow today but I have not been able to find any information about the "N" menu build helper for survival.

In my current game recently started (all vanilla, everything on and default), when trying to use the show airtight blocks in a wooden block building using only wood blocks on all six sides with two air tight doors (has the tiny window on one side), activating the check box does nothing and unchecks upon exiting N menu.

Are wood blocks (even though they state they are) not airtight any longer, or is only the SI in building helper (N menu) usable in survival now, or is my game bugged and I have to start over? ...lol heaven forbid.:rolleyes:

2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I believe only Thin Blocks have "issues" with being not Airtight. But the Menu that allows you to chose the intended shape of the Block will show true or false

3. runlykhel

runlykhel Captain

Thank you for responding; yes I'm aware of that particular situation, my problem really is that the N menu "show airtight blocks" is not functioning at all.
    Toggling the Si check box works, but the "show air tight blocks" does nothing, and removes the checked box highlight when reopening the N menu.
    My memory might be faulty but I thought those functions,(show airtight blocks, and oxygen), could be used in survival.

4. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

It could. At least when I used it this morning when repairing a taken over Base... might be a bug.

5. runlykhel

runlykhel Captain

Ok...if you used it this morning in a survival game and it worked then my game is bugged.
    I will now proceed to restart my game and loose...umm seconds, minutes? ...lol.
    If I remember correct you pretty much do everything in survival.

Thanks again for responding.

Update: Started a new game all is working as should be. Definitely Build Helper (N menu) was broken; no clue why.:confused:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    Germanicus likes this.