Fixed Tales of the Past: personal drone triggers Kar'han bomb before meeting

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by imlarry425, Jun 19, 2021.

1. imlarry425

imlarry425 Captain

Version: 1.5.1 3384
    Mode: Survival
    Seed-Id: 914434
    Reproducibility: always
    Severity: minor if replay but serious for first-time player
    Type: timer trigger event
    Repro/Summary: open door to cell with drone from a distance

Whatever starts the countdown timer for the destruction of Kar'han's cell (and Kar'han) can be triggered by the personal drone doing recon.

If this happens you need to force complete several events and the story exposition about the legacy is not presented to the player.

stanley bourdon likes this.
  2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    I am afraid this is nothing I can ‚fix‘ at the moment as it is actually not a bug.

may I ask where you were standing with your avatar?

Pach and imlarry425 like this.
  3. imlarry425

imlarry425 Captain

I was in the upper part of the warren in the first section leading down after the blast doors. I realize it's behaving as expected (drone can trigger motion sensors & trigger plates and open unlocked doors) but if there were some way to make the conversation trigger the bomb as opposed to the door or motion sensor signal it would force completion of the clue- maybe having a token given by Kar'han that triggers the bomb once it's given and can also be given to the chief as proof or something similar? Not a problem if you've played it before but a 1st timer could easily miss the exposition K gives about the Zirax/Legacy/Talon connection.

4. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    I possibly can tie the activation directly to the dialogue. But there are a few more triggers in place.

can you possibly make a screenshot from where you were standing exactly?

Pach likes this.
  5. imlarry425

imlarry425 Captain

No problem, I was here (ignore "next step" list- I flew back for the selfie :) ... drop the drone down from here and you're near the barrel outside the door into Kar'han's cryo chamber. LaunchedDroneHere.png

6. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Hm yes.. I think you are right at the position where the sensor triggers the explosion. So even if I add the trigger to the dialogue, the Drone will explode the base anyways, I am afraid...

Pach, imlarry425 and Germanicus like this.
  7. imlarry425

imlarry425 Captain

Interesting- so the sensor in the cell activates the one in the hallway? One thing about adding the trigger to the completion of the dialog vs. using a motion sensor is that the guy in the cell won't talk to a drone so only a player could arm the trigger . If they do finish the dialog then they've been presented with the content and will hit the trigger on the way out. I'm probably missing something ... I'll alt-o it and quit wasting your time. Thanks for looking at it.

Germanicus likes this.
  8. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    I think I will have to invest some more time in that.. ;)

Pach and imlarry425 like this.
  9. imlarry425

imlarry425 Captain

I just untangled the motion sensors and their signals. If I'm understanding the interactive dialog system added in A12 I think if you add...

OptionExecute_1: "SetSignal('*ActivatesDetonator', true)"

...into the Kar'han dialog and remove the Activate Detonator sensor it'll force the user to chat with the guy.

(I like how you're using the "CollectSignalN" vertical slices of the POI to debug track the player movement- at least I think that's what those are for!)