Showcase - WiP the Blueprint Projector Repair Mode

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Sandy Gaia, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Sandy Gaia

Sandy Gaia Lieutenant

When my ship is damaged and blocks are missing, I have to laboriously restore each block again, select block, find block shape, place, set color & texture.

This is where my idea comes in, the Blueprint Projector Repair Mode
    a mode for the Multitool in cooperation with the Blueprint Projector, a device you can build into your ship.

If you have equipped your ship with the Blueprint Projector and saved a Blueprint for your ship. You can now repair your ship with the new Blueprint Repair Mode of the Multitool.
    The Blueprint Projector shows missing blocks in color, similar to the debug mode "Structural Integrity". With the Multitool you point to this block, the info display then shows which object/block belongs/is needed at this position. If you have this object/block in your inventory, you can simply set it and it will automatically set the correct object/block including the orientation/shape/rotation/color/texture. Even if you had set other blocks before, e.g. because of a quick repair, you can use the Blueprint Repair Mode to correct it with one click, without having to dismantle and re-select everything.
    ---
    Another enhancement for the Blueprint Projector Repair Mode (BPR Mode)
    You can now save your ship as a Blueprint in different versions/upgrades.
    With the Repair Console or the Blueprint Projector you can select the versions/upgrades you want to use and upgrade/downgrade your ship.

Foofaspoon and ravien_ff like this.
  2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Not at all knocking your suggestion as you got a good idea, but you can use the T2 repair bay to restore your ship to its previously saved template.

3. Sandy Gaia

Sandy Gaia Lieutenant

Yes I am aware of this possibility.

If you are further in the game and have that then that is good, but what if you only have a small exploration ship and are shot half broken. Then you have to laboriously fix everything again or repair ugly makeshift.

And the repair bay is too simple for me. One is too simple and the other is too complicated. Mine is in between, optimal for small and medium ships.

ravien_ff likes this.
  4. TheGazbeard

TheGazbeard Lieutenant

Then you find a station offering station services and for some cash they will fully restore and repair your ship.

Hint - Assault and Sniper rifles cost a couple of steel sheets to make and fetch an average of 3000 credits each when you sell them. You can make them in a portable constructor.

5. Sandy Gaia

Sandy Gaia Lieutenant

Shot down, crashed on a planet, even the station does not help you. But that's not the point, repair station and station services are nice that they exist. I want to be able to quickly patch a larger hole with the multitool, I can also quickly and ugly or annoying, slowly and beautiful again. The BPR mode makes it quickly beautiful again.