The CV camera is very high in the third-person view

Discussion in 'Backlog' started by Intezium, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Intezium

Intezium Ensign

Build: v1.10.4 4243 11-10:40
    Mode: Creative
    Mode: Singleplayer

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: Global

Summary: The CV camera is very high in the third-person view

Description: If the CV is very large in height, the camera position in third-person view is too high above the ship.

Steps to Reproduce:

2. Kats

Kats Lieutenant

I have been saying it again and again. 3rd person camera is just too high for tall ship. Some say to get the camera down with "i have no idea what to call that button...end button?". That is totally pointless as there is for some reason a limit to camera adjustment.
    i had to put a cockpit at the bottom of my ship to pilot it in 3rd person view, and even like that, i have to pull down the camera at the limit.

But generally speaking, 3rd person camera is just too high even for player. It shouldn't be higher than the head when looking horizontally.

I want to play in 3rd person camera. Choosing a look is pointless if we don't play in 3rd person camera.

3. jalore

jalore Lieutenant

have you tried to use the clearpivot command, and resave your blueprint and respawn it? it usually clears up issues like this that can appear.

4. Kats

Kats Lieutenant

I think.... it is pointless.
    If i remember right, i probably tried that in the past, trying to move the pivot point, but failed to get any good result.
    That is a very old problem, but the devs are busy building the world and adding/updating the buildind system.

Gameplay is barely updated. we got crouch not long ago.
    fixing 3rd person camera doesn't seem to be a priority at all.

I just ended up accepting the 3rd person camera is bad (vessel and player) and there is nothing we can do on our side about it.