The placement of the avatar on exit of Passenger Seat(open) in a HV is wonky.

Discussion in 'Backlog' started by Atola, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Atola

Atola Commander

Build: :v1.9.14 4139 05-14:44

Mode: Creative

Mode: Singleplayer

SERVER NAME: NA

SEED-ID: NA

If applicable:

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always

Severity: Minor - Can design around it sort of.

Type: Placement of avatar on exit of passenger seat.

Summary: The placement of the avatar on exit of Passenger Seat(open) in a HV is wonky.

Description: While building a new HV over the weekend I’ve had numerous issues with exiting the Passenger Seat(open). After some trouble shooting I think the issue is that the algorithm for placing the avatar ignores space occupied by regular blocks or flagged in some way as regular blocks, treating them as empty. It does not fully ignore all devices, but it can. In some devices you can become trapped within them.

Steps to Reproduce:

Build the screenshot below using some HV. I’ve built the platform pictured as part of the brand new HV built this weekend (so nothing legacy…) from scratch. The passager seat is facing forward (default position). The regular blocks here are full blocks Carbon Composite, but I also tried combat steal armor. The blocks above the retractable plasma turret are just 9 full blocks of Carbon Composite.

Get out of God mode.

Enter and exit the seat. If the bug is reproduced you will end up inside the retractable part of the plasma turret. - Must Go to GOD mode to get out… so get out.

Set the plasma turret to off so it retracts. Enter and exit the seat. If the bug is reproduced you will end up within the Carbon Composite above the turret.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2023