Toggle map icons on hud

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TDP, Aug 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. TDP

TDP Ensign

I have to switch to the detector in the hotbar about very minute or so to dcan the surrounding area while exploring or raiding because the map icons for pois, drones, etc. disappear after a while when using a detector.

I would suggest adding a hotkey to toggle all of the map icons on/off (except for those marked "show on hud").

dichebach and Phantom 3 like this.
  2. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

As an alternative, I would suggest auto-ping scanning with variable rate rather than pressing a key each time. That would be more like radar and sonar actually work. A quieter ping would also be desirable.

3. TDP

TDP Ensign

I meant pressing a key to toggle the map icons on hud on/off, not a key to scan the area. I would like to be able to see my already discovered places on the hud without having to scan.

4. dichebach

dichebach Captain

There are a LOT of ways in which this system could be enhanced, so I'm not going to suggest specifics.

But I totally agree that the present system is clunky, produces vision-obstructing clutter, and on top of that the way points in the map are sorely lacking in basic functinality (multi-select, multi-configure, alt-select, sort, filter, etc.). The cursor seems poorly tuned as well: often when you click on a set location on the map (for example a POI) and attempt to place a "show in HUD" point on top of it, the point will actually set far off someplace else or even produce two points instead of only one. This seems to result when attempting to set points in areas with a high density of markers already present (whether user placed or game placed).

I think that being able to zoom the map in to a lower resolution scale ("closer" view) might help with these issues and it certainly would increase the functionality of the map/waypoints.

5. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

I understood what you meant. I was suggesting an alternate idea.

Sorry.