[TOOL] [DISCONTINUED] Empyrion Playfield Designer Alpha7 v1.36.1 [deprecated version]

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by jmcburn, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demolish50

demolish50 Commander

Thanks dude. Wish this was an open source project though but awesome anyway. If you ever decide to drop this please toss the source somewhere so someone else can pick it up.

jmcburn likes this.
  2. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Teaser
    It is doable

View attachment 31413 NewGame_291_2017-10-07_21-03-45.png

upload_2017-10-7_21-7-10.png

Although i don't understand all the details (yet), it is finally going to work. At least for Singleplayer.
    In multiplayer it won't work.

/jmc

3. Quarior

Quarior Commander

Nice. Just a question : For test the map in game, you put in Content/Terrains in format raw, png or the two (because is said doable) ?

4. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Empyrion can ONLY handle (its proprietary) RAW file type.

So i am working on a back and forth converter between raw and png (or maybe even other filetypes). So in the future you could then use any photo editing program or heightmap editor that supports png.

In my tool you can import RAW, save it as PNG, edit it as you like, then convert it back to Empyrion's RAW format.
    You then have to place the newly created raw in the content/terrains folder and create a terrain.ecf file for it in the playfields folder with the name of the new raw file.
    Add the new terrain to the playfield.yaml and the game will load the new terrain.

Still some manual work for now, i know, but the important thing here is:
    Empyrions RAW format CAN be converted to something readable by other programs and then can be convedrted back.

/jmc

binhthuy71, Quarior and oojimaflip like this.
  5. Quarior

Quarior Commander

Thanks for the information and yes, is very helpful because I want to know the dimension for raw files because I want to use a Earth heightmap.
    Also is planned for edit splat files. Yes we can open because is tga file but I don’t know why there are 2 files of splat (is for place material/texture) and how to edit the elevation minimum (HeightMapMin ?) and maximum (HeightMapMax (see in terrain.ecf) ?) ?
    Good luck and continuation :)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  6. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

UPDATE (v1.35.6)

CHANGES:

• Added 'Splat1' and 'Splat2' setting to biome cluster data to allow placing of biomeclusters by splatmap colors and alpha channel.
    • Added 'PerlinCol' setting used to apply color variation to grass and other plants.
    • CreatureSpawning: RestrictYMinMax. If you now enter two equal numbers in RestrictYMinMax, the setting doesn't get emitted to yaml anymore, so now you can remove Restriction by entering equal numbers like [0,0] or [20,20]. Before you had to enter [0,255] to allow creaturespawning on all height ranges
    FIXES:
    • fixed: Empty 'DistTypeCylinder' causing COQ on playfield load
    • possibly fixed: In some cases the RAW terrains got imported twice into terrain list. Not sure if fixed now, though, as i can't reproduce the issue.
    DOWNLOAD LINK:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxUpWMGez5I0OXFSOTlENVNHU2c/view?usp=sharing

/jmc

Taelyn and RexXxuS like this.
  7. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

RexXxuS likes this.
  8. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Quarior and RexXxuS like this.
  9. Manalo

Manalo Ensign

Your welcome to ping me on coding issues, I don't always feel well so I may not be able to help all the time.

jmcburn and Idrona like this.
  10. BlackJack777

BlackJack777 Ensign

I dont seem to be able to save any of the playfields.

Is there a particular way I need to install EPD? Is there a doc?

I''ve already fiddled with the version option and this has not helped.

Thanks in advance.

11. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

What's the problem exactly?
    Usually, you open a playfield, or create a new one with the 'New...' button (after you set your desired version), make your changes and click 'Save...' or 'Save Playfield as...' :)

/jmc

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  12. Quarior

Quarior Commander

Atmosphere density in bar ? You maybe confuse with the pressure atmospheric in bar/atm because the density atmospheric in general have the unity in kg/m[sup]3[/sup].

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    jmcburn likes this.
  13. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Thx for the info. Don't know, where i got that from. :)

But as there is no reference in the game's examples, what unit it is in the game, i'll remove the unit from the description completely.

/jmc

Quarior likes this.
  14. Quarior

Quarior Commander

OK, also I forget to ask the question : Where is the settings configurations to change the language ? I want to change in French (I start for translate).

jmcburn likes this.
  15. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

You'll find the localizations in the data\localization? (im not at my PC now) folder. if you want to create your own translation, you have to create a folder with your regional code in there, im guessing that's 'fr-FR'. You'll have to look that up in your Windows regional settings.

Inside of that folder, you would have to place your localization csvs. But the only complete localization atm is the german one. Don't know if you can read that.

The english loca is mostly hardcoded as a fallback into EPD, so not completely done yet as csv file.

Let me know, if you need any help, i'm glad to assist you. :)

/jmc

Quarior likes this.
  16. Quarior

Quarior Commander

Yes I find (and make a copy of a exist folder and rename to « fr-FR »), just one file to translate (the biggest, I stop in the line SunFlare because I go to sleeping) but the windows when I restart din’t apply the change. Any idea ? Maybe there a time for apply a change (I restart quickly the application).

17. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

18. Quarior

Quarior Commander

Yes it is fr-FR so I rechecked lasted.

Also the version for import/export raw/png is include or not because I don’t see a button for edit but in log, is said is imported.
    Good luck for the next and continuation.

jmcburn likes this.
  19. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

If you want to, you can send me your unfinished localization file and i will check, if there is some bug in EPD or in the file.

No, the RAW importer/exporter is not included yet, as it is not finished. I still have to find a good way to deal with the 'detailed terrain' map which is also included in the raw file.

/jmc

20. Quarior

Quarior Commander

Ok so here the zip (translation not finish) so you can check (I have not many time) so good luck.

Attached Files:

jmcburn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.