[TOOL] Empyrion Playfield Designer v2.43.0 EXP (Empyrion V1.11.x compatible)

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by jmcburn, May 5, 2018.

1. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Just use any file shareing website. Discord has very strict limits unless you pay for Nitro

2. J2red

J2red Lieutenant

/ / / UPDATE / / /

After some digging I noticed "empty spawn updating" Is user error.

My fault.

Which means the only problem we're really having here is that EPD doesn't recognize these blueprints, however if I manually write the names of the BP's down in .yaml files they can update if you put in the .epb in and not the whole folder -DUH xD

That said: the confusion came from not being able to use EPD.
    It's hard to use only .yaml files.

Also, Still, EPD is not recognizing the bluerpints but the work-around works. Just not finding BP's in EPD

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    jmcburn and Taelyn like this.
  3. J2red

J2red Lieutenant

Really sorry about that guys, the issue isn't as severe as it appeared, I feel really bad. Forgive me. :(

EPD or EMP may only need to fix the non-recognition issue. But seriously guys I feel bad about wasting time, I wasn't sure what the issue is, but now that there's something I can do about it, you guys have answered a prayer, Just know I'm grateful.

jmcburn and Taelyn like this.
  4. J2red

J2red Lieutenant

Thank you!

5. pr0tate

pr0tate Ensign

hey, what i did was added the rare ore as random spawned ore deposits in the tool to 'snow starter', saved the edit and then made a new savegame. I saw those ores appearing on the start screen but not in game, and when i tried to host a local co op we just got stuck in loading

6. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Please upload the zipped SnowStarter folder here. Then I can check what the issue might be.

/jmc

Germanicus likes this.
  7. krosbonez

krosbonez Lieutenant

This is a great tool. Is there a little more in depth instructions/descriptions of what some of the settings mean or do?

8. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Older versions had most if not all information via tooltips, but the last version only has some. I think @jmcburn is still adding some, but in any case most information and practical examples can be found in the game's various templates in Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Playfields. Look in the +ExamplePlanet and +Examplespace folders (dynamic and static yaml files), or any other template for a lot of information regarding what each parameter can do. Also check BarrenMetal for some of the newest options. I think @Needleship helped a lot in making all this info available in the example files recently, maybe he can direct you to precise parameters, and I can surely help a bit too. ;)

Edit : you can also have a look on the first page of this thread here, there are some basics and tips. Note that the actual SSG (Solar System Generator) is not working, but you don't need it to use the playfield designer.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  9. krosbonez

krosbonez Lieutenant

Thank you Kassonnade for the help.
    I am having another issue that I am sure is on my end (user error) and any hints or info anyone can provide would be great.
    I am using the most recent version of the EPD ( v2.05.0 exp)
    It no longer loads any of my custom prefabs. It was loading them just a week ago, but now it does not. I can add them manually to the playfield yaml, but as I am new to that I frequently make mistakes. Any idea what I might have done to "break" it? Any hints on what to do to fix it?
    I currently have my custom prefabs in 2 places : main folder "Prefabs" and in my scenario "Prefabs" (if I only have it in my scenario prefabs, the game does not ever recognize it). I always "reLoad Prefabs" in the EPD whenever I start it. I even tried the "reLoad All items"
    I did notice that EPD loads some custom prefabs from other scenarios that are not in the main prefabs folder (Star Salvage, Eden)
    I tried the latest Stable version of EPD (v1.95.5) but it does not work with the latest version of Empyrion on my system.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

10. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I have the same problem, and reading the latest messages up here on the page it seems other players have some issues with custom prefabs. Maybe @jmcburn can give it a look, but for myself I simply used random names from the available lists to setup the POIs in the Playfield Designer, then I change the name in the yaml, so at least I have the good "format" and minimal risk of error when changing the name. If you loaded your playfield in the editor, it will link to the good files even if it doesn't seem to find the prefabs in your scenario's folder.

11. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Sorry for the inconvenience. I've been having health issues the last few weeks again and I can't really say, when I'm going to be fit again.

The problems in EPD 2.05 arise from a new blueprint format, which I have been able to fix with the help of the fantastic devs a few wekks ago already, but I hadn't any chance to release the new update.

Maybe I can release a new EPD version that fixes this issue this weekend, but no promises. The current EPD version still has problems with the asteroid rings, why I haven't been releasing the new version. But as I can't get into fixing those atm, I'll think about an intermediate version, where at least the blueprints are fixed.

/jmc

Kassonnade likes this.
  12. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Sorry to read about your health issues... I hope you get better fast ! And there's no rush to fix the EPD, really.

No jmcburn = no EPD.

Get better, we'll be fine replacing names in the files. ;)

jmcburn and Space Ghost like this.
  13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Commander

Agreed! This is just a game. Life isn't !!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    jmcburn likes this.
  14. krosbonez

krosbonez Lieutenant

Agreed. I would rather you be healthy. Take care of yourself first....this is just a game.

jmcburn and Myrmidon like this.
  15. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

@jmcburn Get well soon pal. Anything else comes after that.

jmcburn likes this.
  16. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

17. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Downloaded. I will check it and report here. Roger.

And thanks - !

------------------------------------------------

Edit : I tried it and now the scenario's BP names appear in the list. I placed a SV on the starter admin POI's front parking and all is fine in game. Nice work chief ! :)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    jmcburn likes this.
  18. Mofa

Mofa Guest

Hi jmcburn,
    I hope you are doing well.
    when can we expect an update?

19. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Since JMC isnt much around ill will answer for him.

He is very ill. Not much is known yet but till he is healty again he wont work on EPD

Ive been trying to document the changes for him, so once he returns he doesnt have to crawl all the change logs

Taelyn

Myrmidon and zaphodikus like this.
  20. Mofa

Mofa Guest

I'm sorry
    I wish him a speedy recovery.
    Thanks for the information

Monroe and Taelyn like this.