[TOOL] Empyrion Playfield Designer v2.43.0 EXP (Empyrion V1.11.x compatible)

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by jmcburn, May 5, 2018.

1. 晕dows

晕dows Ensign

Ok, I will do localization based on german language first
    Hope future versions have better localization support
    thx

2. Hardage

Hardage Lieutenant

Nice Work JMC big THX

3. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

Very much appreciated with the latest versions. I've been having that nagging issue with the itemsconfig for a while, will be happy to see it fixed :)

Another note regarding imports to scenarios: I have a lot of buggy/bad scenario folders. Is it too much work to ask in the beginning what scenarios to import first?

jmcburn likes this.
  4. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Well, when importing items and blocks or prefabs you can already select which scenarios to import, when you select 'Reimport all items' respectively 'Reimport all Prefabs' from the tools menu.

[​IMG]

I don't see a good reason why to add priority selection of scenarios to import first.

If a scenario is broken or buggy, you probably shouldn't import it at all to avoid causing all sorts of issues.
    Besides that it's also pretty much work for relatively low gain. ;)

/jmc

Germanicus likes this.
  5. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

The thing is you automatically import *all* scenarios on the first run I believe. Maybe I misremember though.

jmcburn likes this.
  6. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Ok, I understand now what you mean. I'll take a look at it. Maybe I can show the scenarioselector on first run also, before importing.

/jmc

Germanicus likes this.
  7. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

Heya, I am not able to access the website anymore for this tool, is it still active?

8. Javarox87

Javarox87 Captain

I downloaded his newest version at the beginning of the month. Hopefully he is just working on.

9. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

Yes, today I was able to access :) might've just been a small website glitch. Looking forward to the newer version that fixes the playeritems window

Myrmidon likes this.
  10. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Sorry, was a power outage due to thunderstorms. Didn't realize that the server was down. Should be ok now again.

What exactly do you mean by fixing the playeritems window?

/jmc

Monroe, Myrmidon and Germanicus like this.
  11. Ente

Ente Commander

I seem to reliably get a crash to desktop with a System.NullReferenceException (as per the windows Error Reporting) with the Version v2.39.0 b5977. Under certain circumstances that is.
    Does it still work with 1.10? Or is there maybe a newer Version that I can't find?

12. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

EPD should work fine with 1.10 as far as I know. When you say, it's happening reliably, how exactly can I reproduce this crash to desktop? Do you have a special playfield with which I can test it? If so, can you upload it here?

Or can you describe the steps to make EPD crash?

There is a newer version, which will be relased soon. But if there's a bug, I would rather take a look at that before I release the new verison.

/jmc

Germanicus likes this.
  13. Ente

Ente Commander

Well I am afraid I lost the ability to cause that error. And it probably wasn't that relevant for EPD in hindsight anyways.
    I am working on a planet that also uses new deco system. Aaand I had some errors in there at some point. One or more of these probably caused the issue, so you could argue that was a classic pebkac.

Sorry for any confusion that may have caused!

Edit: Welp and just when I thought the error vanished, it is back. I added the planet files (early WIP). I am not 100% sure how to cause it, but usually it happens if I edit another planet, then switch back to my own. Once it happens the first time, all subsequent tries to open any planet will send EPD crashing with said null pointer exception.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2023
  14. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Did a few tests with editing, saving, changing playfields, but could not reproduce the issue.

It's a minor chance that my dev version has fixed the issue already, because there were some NewDeco properties from v1.10 missing in the public verison of EPD. In my version they are already in.

So please keep an eye on it, and if it happens again, let me know (maybe also upload EPD's logfile).

The new version should go online tomorrow.

/jmc

Germanicus, ravien_ff and Ente like this.
  15. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

@jmcburn specially this issue is the problem I'm talking about: fixed: PlayerItems import did sometimes delete the pla<yItemstable whaich caused an SQLite error about a missing table.

I also will note that for PlanetVesselBases (both legacy and regular) it appears that Position3D and IsRespawnAfterDestruction is constantly put in here, which cause a CoQ on scenario load. It exists at all times when you put in any PlanetVessel (as opposed to it defined in PlanetVessels section).

EDIT: I found a really bad bug however, when opening playfields and doing random POI editing it seems it just doesn't save the drone min/max info I'm inputting... At all. I will try and figure out why this is, but it's pretty bad if I cannot do this.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2023
  16. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Thanks for the report. I'll check if I can find the cause for this.

/jmc

17. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

As you're quoting EPDs changelog. That should have been fixed already in latest released version (2.39). Do you have a reliable way to still reproduce this? It's working fine already, as far as I can see.

I found a few bugs regarding these issues. I'm not saying it's working 100% now, but i tested it with a stock playfield that has Planetvessels in it. It seemed to load the playfield fine after saving now. If not, please let me know and provide the playfield causing issues.
    Position3D is now cleaned correctly, if RangePatrolTask is defined. Although the game should ignore that anyway if both are set according PlanetExample playfield.
    IsRespawnAfterDestruction should be allowed, does not need to be deleted from playfield, if false. So EPD keeps it, because it causes issues in other places of playfield, if deleted. Caused no issue for me in my Test scenario.

There's still going to be some issues where the old legacy PlanetVesselBase format is in use, because EPD won't be able to support old and new system (especially combined in one playfield), I'm afraid. There's so much do's and dont's different in both formats, so I'm concentrating only on the new format for now.

Found and fixed. Should be correctly saved now.

Thanks for your help.

/jmc

18. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

EPD v2.42.0 Build 6187 is out
    Blueprints and Bugfixes

Highlights:
    - Blueprints v28-31 are now working again in 3DViewer. Additional bugfixes in blueprint header for older versions.
    - added some missing v1.10 NewDeco properties

- fixed some bugs in PlanetVessel setup

Full Changelog

Download

/jmc

Myrmidon and ravien_ff like this.
  19. Hardage

Hardage Lieutenant

Hi there i see this in the new PF from the dlc :

[​IMG]

When will it be released?

20. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

The new version will published to public on friday or saturday I guess.

/jmc

Monroe likes this.