vessel container extension turn into steel block (s) when placed with a different shape than default

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Carmeops, Oct 14, 2024.

1. Carmeops

Carmeops Ensign

Build:v1.11.9 4541
    Mode:survival
    Platform: EPIC
    DLC Installed:
    none
    SERVER NAME: Eleon Game Studios - Official Vanilla Server
    SEED-ID: no idea

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility: always
    Severity:minor? annoying as hell tho

Type: vessel building

Summary: vessel container extension turn into steel block (s) when placed with a different shape than default

Description: when trying to place a container extension on a vessel (hover or small) i right click to select a shape for the block, and when placed, the block turn into a steel block of that shape instead of a container extension of that shape

yesterday, i used a lot of shaped container extension on my hover vessel, and everything was fine
    today after updating, i started to transfer the container extensions to my small vessel instead and i noticed that the container controller didn't register their storage space, i tried to retrieve them, but they all turned into steel block (s)

so i built some more container extension and tried to place them shaped, and i notice the texture on them wasn't a container extension texture, and sure enough, they were now steel block (s)

Steps to Reproduce:
    1)hold a container extension
    2)right click to choose a shape
    3)if you place it like that, it will become a steel block (s)

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:
    [​IMG]

2. Carmeops

Carmeops Ensign

i just restarted my game, and now it seems that the shaped container extensions work fine all of a sudden, so, i dunno

3. Garaman

Garaman Captain

This may be related to a bug we see where if you use ctrl-RMB to select a block while holding a block of a different type, it can mess up the right-click menu. The typical workaround is to pick up the block stack off of your toolbar and place it down again to reset it.

4. Carmeops

Carmeops Ensign

didn't even know that ctrtl-rmb was a thing, so i didn't use that, and i did the pick up and placing back in the toolbar, but once i right clicked again, it messed up the block again

btw, after the restart, the right click menu worked fine, until i clicked to look at the second page, and then it started to glich again, the entire right click menu became empty this time! might be something wrong with the second page of the menu, dunno, but i'm not going to it again