What are the best host services

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xandrathii, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Xandrathii

Xandrathii Ensign

Right now our groups go to hosting is Gportal.. has worked fine for other games we play together.

Due to the grace of one of our members we have a ded empy server with gportal now too..
    Running RE sen on the server and have run into some really massive problems with custom configuration.

Gp - has a settings page that has some of the items from the .yaml file up... I have change uploaded the gameoptions.yaml file in the save game folder on the server and it seems to not make any change to the game itself.. which is strange because i have altered some of the item files and those changes have stuck in game and can be change w/o issue. Is there another space the server would hold a gameoptions.yaml other than the save folder that dictates the prefilled options. Side note i did comment out loads of the lines with # in front is that potentualy the issue?[ftp setup in gportal seems really friendly on every other game i have or our group has hosted...]

Please share if gportal has been an issue or if any of you out there have had the same kind of experiences or have found some other host to be better for Empyrion.