Fixed where is the titanium in in loot

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by stanley bourdon, Jul 29, 2020.

1. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

Build: all since titanium was introduced, current 3024
    Mode: survival
    Mode: single-player and multiplayer dedicated server

SERVER NAME: broken Eden, HWS NA
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: yes in the MP games No in the SP game

Reproducibility: always
    Severity: major

Type: loot tables

Summary: There are almost no drops of titanium ore or rods. I have nor found titanium as a component of crates, deco crates, or alien crates

Description: crates of all types have no titanium oar or rods. This is contrary to what happens with all other base resources. You find all other base resources in the various types of containers from iron to pentaxid but no titanium. The issue this presents is that if you have no titanium to mine (surface rocks or deposits) the only source of titanium is plates from mostly hardened steel blocks. There are several recipes that require titanium as rods including the components to build the recycler. So no recycler no rods from plates. (I assume that works just as you get sathium from hardened plates) This leaves you in a position of needing to use the factory to get an item you would not have otherwise been able to build. I do not like to use the factory in this way and I suspect this is true of others.

This is an extreme issue if you are on a playfield with factory use restricted.

I would like to see loot drops of titanium from crates of all types. I think they should be of similar frequency and amount to sathium.

Steps to Reproduce: open crates find no titanium oar or rods

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:
    this is the entire new abandoned reactor - a few SI accidents and the stuff I blew up getting in (sentry guns and explosive blocks) 7000 hardened steel blocks 1000 steel blocks and 1 epic pistol and
    (screenshots of the container I put the looted/salvaged materials in)
    http://prntscr.com/toevox
    http://prntscr.com/toev4n

no titanium ore or rods. this is on an MP server running project Eden with lots of assistance from Ravien
    Ravien confirmed on the MP discord that none of the configs are changed so this is what happens in the vanilla game.

Germanicus likes this.
  2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I do my recent starts on the Snow Starter. There are rare drops of Titanium Ore from the Ice Golem, not much but yes, it drops.
    I also did a "few" starts in Project Eden and with the arriving of Titanium I started to find it even there in several crates.

But yeah. You' re right. The drop is pretty low compared to Sathium:rolleyes:.

Pach and stanley bourdon like this.
  3. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

@stanley bourdon
    According to a note by the Devs the Drop Rate of Titanium Rods and Ore will be increased, just not with V1.0

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    Pach and stanley bourdon like this.
  4. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Titanium Drops are increased in v1.1

Pach, Germanicus and ChumSickle like this.