[ZeroG] Challenge Build 01 (SV) Fighter ~Completed~

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by Jenniphurr, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

Welcome to the forum :)

2. Na_Palm

Na_Palm Captain

Hi Amfidamant, i like your LR-42B!

You have found a nice way to invert the "normal" pointy nose as it is on most ships.
    And everything accessible through the shutterdoors!:)

3. Amfidamant

Amfidamant Lieutenant

Thanks for the warm welcome!

And Na_Palm - I actually liked your Rigger as I was reading this thread - I like non-symmetrical designs, and yours was that AND had an industrial, non-polished look (but it actually looks like spaceship - not a collection of blocks). Thought it was really cool.

4. Alatun

Alatun Commander

5. Na_Palm

Na_Palm Captain

Thank's, that sentence of yours could be from me. Thats the look i was after to achive!
    Today i had time to lay down the first parts of an follow up, Nickname "little Sister". But she will be to big for this challenge...

If you are in A-sym design look a his baby:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1275679784
    The best i have found so far, and the sound from her! wow

On topic i want to say that the amount of competitors alone makes the challenge really interesting and i like to watch every entry for their sulutions in size limits.

And i have an favorite! I'm really curious whats to come and who the winner will be in the end.

edit: typo

6. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Search this Forum for a Asymm Thread made by Fractalite... I think this Creation would be welcome there. :)

7. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

https://empyriononline.com/threads/share-your-a-symmetrical-vessel-designs.7587/

8. Macbrea

Macbrea Commander

@Fractalite: Which is the illegal block you have in your design?

9. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

It is not an illegal block, it is more - I am part of the "internal team"(which sounds fancier than it is) and I am currently testing and working with Eleon on 8.x. So the program is interpreting your game version as being older(because I do not currently have a convenient way to shift between the base public release and the internal version.) All you have to do is load the BP in creative(or, if you are in survival hop out of your game and temporarily into a creative game) and then load the BP and re-save it. I added that to Visions steam page but did not think that people would be downloading and playing with Hades(so I will go immediately re-adjust that.) Many, many apologies sir, sorry! :oops::(

10. Macbrea

Macbrea Commander

Oh, that is fine. I grabbed it because it looked cool to build on a live server.. and noticed it came up red. Will resave it to test.

I spend very little time in creative. I prefer building things on HWS and taking them out til I get killed. :p

Tyrax Lightning and Fractalite like this.
  11. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Yep, that happened to me while making the Deathmaw & I had to save BP then switch to Stable & Spawn it into a Stable Branch Creative & finish work on it there then save BP there to have it work right.

dpburke2 likes this.
  12. Haro

Haro Commander

I like these kind of designs :) (also those of Jenniphurr and Kieve). Somehow I miss a step in this direction with my own designs...

13. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

Well I didn't think I'd be able to manage this challenge, but it appears I have a vessel that qualifies, my first ever warp capable SV:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1215081882
    Screenshot_11.jpg Screenshot_4.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

Yes, one gun only. This design isn't meant to fight, except maybe a space drone or two. It's entire purpose is to enable players to get their initial load of secondary materials, as cheaply as is viable.

I'm 99% certain that it won't win any prizes, especially with the level of amazing looking vessels that have spawned in this thread, but I wanted to take part. ^^

For more images and to take a look at the interior, please see the steam workshop link.

14. Whoom

Whoom Lieutenant

Sadly, I think it is too large for the challenge. The limits are specified in blocks (not meters - I made this same mistake myself).

15. Macbrea

Macbrea Commander

Almost small enough.. 5.5m X 10.5m x 5m = 11 x 21 x 10 it's the length of the wings in all honesty.

16. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

Ah darnit, I saw someone say it was according to the BP figures and assumed the block figures on page one were the same unit

One day EGS will unify the displayed dimensions and eliminate a lot of the confusion we have seen on this thread.

Then the worst we'll have to deal with is getting blocks v meter confused. ^^

If I have to edit the main lines of the Sensorfly I may as well see about producing something new. My mobile connections data limit renewed yesterday so I feel I can spare enough for actual gaming purposes

17. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

Friendly reminder, the first ZeroG Challenge Build has only 2 more days left! Be sure to submit builds in before the deadline, 2/23/18!

Then well collect all the submissions and start voting for a winner!

Also be sure to double check the list just to make sure each build is on that list. Ill be updating it later on today. Thanks!

dpburke2 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  18. Macbrea

Macbrea Commander

That is a pretty huge list. Sheesh....

dpburke2 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  19. Razorwire

Razorwire Captain

20. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

I like it. The wings set like that make it look like it has Wheelie Bars! And anything with a warning Trefoil Gets My Attention. :D Excellent First effort for a challenge!