[ZeroG] Challenge Build 01 (SV) Fighter ~Completed~

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by Jenniphurr, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Na_Palm

Na_Palm Captain

I like your "firefly" design. Would love to see her with the truster platings/grill from "cobra".:)

2. Dinkelsen

Dinkelsen Captain

Thanks @Kieve for your kind words, I just looked up the Shard since I was not familiar with it. Yes, the ships share design similarities although the Shard is significantly smaller. It's even more compact than I thought possible.

When I look at the Crescent-L I find it clumsy, because the ship is based on the original Crescent (non-L) which has been my standard SV for what feels like an eternity. It must bee over a year now, I have been using this ship in every game I played. It was simply able to do it all, explore, fight, carry loot.

Kieve, dpburke2 and Jenniphurr like this.
  3. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

So I made the 'Firefly' for this challenge - wasn't entirely happy with it and made the 'Cobra' which was too big. Now I made the 'Cobra' smaller again to fit the challenge parameters - so I present you the tweaked 'Firefly'. This is the final iteration, I promise :D I did try making couple other attempts - but that size limit is brutal, I tell ya! :p

@Jenniphurr you can scrap that previous PB of mine and put this Steam link in it's place - thanks! :)

'Firefly'
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1309116638

20180221230001_1.jpg

binhthuy71, Kieve, Dinkelsen and 13 others like this.
  4. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

5. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

My Entry sucks so much I wouldn't cry a river if it was still Overlooked... :(

Maybe after the Contest is over i'll Spawn it in my Creative, Spawn a Camo Bomber, then see if blowing the damn thing up with the Camo Bomber makes me feel any better... >_<

All you Peeps that can build Micro... how the hell ya do it...? :confused:

But only one can win...

6. Trig

Trig Captain

Here's my second entry:
    LSV-33
    workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1308226488
    [​IMG]

Wasn't originally planning to enter this one, since I personally think my other submission is much better (and that this one is kinda ugly). Decided to go ahead and enter it since a lot of other people are entering multiple, and my other one (Intermission) isn't doing very well on workshop (33% downvotes - wish people would say why when they downvote).

LSV-33 is a fairly quick lump of purple hardened steel (76 m/s forward/backward) with an excessive amount of lighted edges/trim. It tried, but didn't quite succeed at looking like a fighter. 2 rockets, 2 gatlings, 2 constructors, 02 fill station, 3 ammo boxes, fridge, 3 cargoboxes, warp fill all accessible under shutters or ramps. 13x6x16 blocks.

Also, thanks for all the likes on my first entry post.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  7. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Nonsense... it looks great! Though I can only see one Rocket Launcher, & if ya are doing the cheese 'Hide 2nd Rocket Launcher behind first & Cheese Fire Rear Launcher straight through solid first Rocket Launcher', then i'd truthfully call myself disappointed. Aside from that it's a good lookin practical seeming dude. :)

Ya should see my Entry... i'm still ashamed of it. :(

8. Trig

Trig Captain

Nah, 2nd rocket launcher is underneath the first (1 block lower, 2 blocks back). I'll add a couple more pictures on ws showing front and underside.
    Thanks though :)

I find it much easier to work on / create smaller things than big things - I really struggle with larger CV's (interiors and rooms in particluar. Usually, I add the largest item first (for this, was warp drive and cockpit), build out the guts/engine/thruster parts, then wrap it in steel blocks and sculpting down edges and corners where I can.

9. hound

hound Captain

tyrax I always build micro..u should see my mayfly. I spent more hours in game on it than anything else and it is a go kart Mayfly on right and newest design bulldog on left
    [​IMG]

Kaeser, monktk, Jenniphurr and 11 others like this.
  10. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

Well, that turned out better than I hoped; Ladies and gentlemen, I give you my entry into this soiree:

Assault Scout Pod
    Assault Scout Pod.jpg
    The ASP is a fairly versatile vessel, comes with all the necessities for light raiding of enemy strongholds, as well as warp capabilities to extend your search for resources.

This vessel is very agile, relying on frontal armor and speed to limit damage. Automatic lights and Control panel options allow high levels of power use customization: From 2 to over 19 hours at maximum savings.

Ships automatic access can be disabled on the control panel: Locked

Loadout:
    - 4 x Rocket Launcher (130mm)
    - Fridge
    - Armor Locker
    - Constructor
    - O2 Station
    - 2 Cargo Boxes
    - Ammo Box
    - Spotlights

Screenshot_2.jpg Screenshot_3.jpg Screenshot_4.jpg Screenshot_5.jpg Screenshot_1.jpg Screenshot_8.jpg Screenshot_7.jpg

11. Razorwire

Razorwire Captain

That doesn't work anymore, not for a patch or two; the hidden launcher just won't spawn a rocket when fired. Same goes for rails and gatlings. Still takes the ammo though, we tested it for the weapon re-balance pass not so long ago :D

Besides, that nose rocket launcher is flush against the cockpit, isn't it? There's no actual room for a cheese-launcher in there.

12. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

@Tyrax Lightning How the hell do i get to spawn your contribution ? (and where stick the file)
    Didn't spawn a couple as they exceeded dimensions, but what will be the criteria to choose ?

NewGame_1_2018-02-22_15-12-48.png

Ummm ... ieny mieny miny moo ... o_O:D

Kaeser, monktk, Cleff and 13 others like this.
  13. Razorwire

Razorwire Captain

Didn't either of mine fit? I was sure they both qualified...

**edit** Yeah, they both fit. What gives? :p
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1308985028
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1308986683
    **/edit**

dpburke2, Tyrax Lightning and Bigfeet like this.
  14. Trig

Trig Captain

gosh I really don't envy anyone that has to pick a winner out of that group

I was kinda considering spawning them all in also, will post some pics if I do (might wait till it's closed and qualifying submissions are sorted out)

15. Razorwire

Razorwire Captain

Assuming a vote and not counting mine ('cos mine) or Jenniphurr's ('cos running the contest); I've got my eye on about 6 or 7 I'll be spawning in to test-drive. That test'll get me down to two or three plus mine, which I'll then go and annoy a POI with on a timer ('cos the challenge is for fighters).
    Longest one functional wins my vote, with Jenniphurr's as a standard measure :D

dpburke2 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  16. Na_Palm

Na_Palm Captain

I got a little update for you.

as the texures where too dark on screenshots i changed the green from platings to orange to lighten it up.
    Also one plating more and a bit of sprites/symbols added
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1305339231

NewGame_4-180217-2133_2018-02-22_15-36-27.jpg
    NewGame_4-180217-2133_2018-02-22_15-36-27.jpg NewGame_4-180217-2133_2018-02-22_15-36-41.jpg NewGame_4-180217-2133_2018-02-22_15-37-01.jpg NewGame_4-180217-2133_2018-02-22_15-38-02.jpg

Did i went over the top with the orange?:confused:

@Razorwire : your Junkjard Dog has such a cool steampunk feel!

edit: typoo_O

Kaeser, dpburke2, Robot Shark and 5 others like this.
  17. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

18. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

Nah, it always helps if the target screams : "Hey here, here i am, shoot ME !!!" :D;)

19. Na_Palm

Na_Palm Captain

HeHe, yeah try to shot me, so you don't see whats behind you...

20. Macbrea

Macbrea Commander

So, got to test mine in a bit of an extreme case yesterday. Took an alpha strike from a faction tower on homeworld, while trying to get to the ground to farm some gold. Lost my entire left side engine, constructor and generator. Did manage to dig a hole an bury it long enough to dig up 5 stacks of gold, and about 20 stacks of other resources. It was pretty easy to bury. After digging it out, patching up the hole, I was able to fly off planet back to my CV at 20k out in space. The redundant systems really was nice once you take a hit.