Alien Core Replacement, Server Admin

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by DC_Sparx, Feb 17, 2017.

1. DC_Sparx

DC_Sparx Lieutenant

I searched the google machine, didn't find an answer to this. If I am placing an Alien base, how do I swap out the Alien Core for a regular one so I can edit the structure again?

Thanks in advance!

2. N99024

N99024 Captain

wouldn't the solution to this be just to destroy the alien core, and then place the player core in?

But there is a command that allows you to access stuff within the base, I'm not sure about editing it though.

try "godmode invisible" without * " * and see if you can do anything on the base with it.

DC_Sparx likes this.
  3. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

Maintain TWO copies of any structures you use to make alien POIs.

The first is the one you work on, make modifications on. It contains a player core.

The second is just a copy, with an Alien core.

I never overwrite a player structure with an alien one, because you can't go back without some blueprint sorcery!
    Hope that helps! :)

4. DC_Sparx

DC_Sparx Lieutenant

Well, that's kind of what I do. I use a creative world locally to create the structure the way I want it, without spawners, turrets or Alien barrels. I then blueprint it, and plop it into my server world for players, I add an Admin core to power it, place the spawners and stuff, make sure it works like I want it to, then swap the admin out for a player so I can zap it, and then place the alien core. However, since I am in the Admin faction, I can't "destroy" the Alien core unless I use the "destroy" console command, but that explodes the entire structure and releases spawned aliens into the wild. As far as the godmode invisible command, yeah, been there done that a lot, I create the structure in godmode so I can float through the sturcture, but it still won't let me destroy the alien core.

5. DC_Sparx

DC_Sparx Lieutenant

6. DC_Sparx

DC_Sparx Lieutenant

Okay, no I didn't figure this out like I thought I did. I was "working on" the trading station on Akua and accidentally punched a hole in the wall of the trading station. No combination of cores or factions allowed me to place the block back down. It doesn't make sense to me that I could take a block off but not add it back.

Any Suggestions?

7. DC_Sparx

DC_Sparx Lieutenant

@TvM, dude, thanks... I finally tried it, that was my problem. Godmode invisible, I couldn't see how that vs regular godmode made any difference.

8. ButCheR

ButCheR Ensign

faction allow Adm <your_id> - Allow yourself to faction Admin
    faction allow Aln <your_id> - Allow yourself to faction Alien

Replaceblocks <id adm structure> CorePlayerAdmin Core - replace Adm Core to your Core
    Replaceblocks <id adm structure> CoreEnemy Core - replace Alien Core to your Core
    Now your building, change it, then return it, swapping the words.

P.S. The building ID can be found by including Debug Information (di)

9. ASTIC

ASTIC Captain

In "gm iv" (godmode invisible) together with "im" (itemmenu) you can simply replace the player(admin)core with an alien(admin)core (search for "alien" in the itemmenu) and back again.

Exception: It is a regenerable basis then there are various restrictions and traps to note.

The "replaceblocks" command: This should only be used in creative and not on a server! https://empyrion.gamepedia.com/Replace_Blocks_Command