Aloha from Hawaii

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Shade, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Shade

Shade Lieutenant

Aloha,

I just saw that there is an introduction forum, even if it isn't overly used.

Shade here. In other universes I'm also CLShade, though you'd have to have played Oblivion and probably the crafting mod craftybits to have ever heard that name. That was a while ago and I passed that mod on to other team leaders many, many moons ago. I had a number of other mods that were well enough received by those who played them but I never was a particularly big fish in that small pond. But I come by my appreciation for survival and crafting gameplay honestly. :)

Still, the experience of creating a new kinds of gameplay gave me at least some experience in the process of setting up new systems and the difficult task of a) making everything make sense together and b) balancing things across a variety of systems - most of which aren't being developed at the same time. While that isn't directly related (at all) to our role as alpha testers for EGS I like the process of testing new game systems and hope I have at least somewhat relevant insights and suggestions for the devs.

I live in (very) rural Hawaii and work as a videographer and video editor, lighting and sound tech, audio recording engineer and a computer witchdoctor.

SacredGlade likes this.
  2. SacredGlade

SacredGlade Captain

Hi Shade - what server community do you live your EGS within?

3. Shade

Shade Lieutenant

Hi, SacredGlade. I've only been playing SP for the time being. I'm looking forward to MP play at some point but haven't looked into it much other than setting up one of the cheap services for hosting a server so that my brother and I could essentially explore a seed together.

4. SacredGlade

SacredGlade Captain

Sounds good - very similar to how I started out, with my close friend on a shared private server, we had a blast, so I hope you will too!

If you do decide to venture out into open multiplayer in the future - do give me a shout, the server I play on is very welcoming to new players, we also have a guide to starting out on multiplayer https://hoveyelectronics.net/unknownskies/index.php/guides (my faction in the game is Sphere, always looking out for new members, no prior experience required!)

Enjoy your galactic survival adventures!

Sacredglade