Building

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Necra

Necra Commander

All the various plants you find. Take the time and read their descriptions. I did a hard staret on omicron last week and almost every plant I picked up cured something. I think one of them even cured parasite.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Grafiitti

Grafiitti Ensign

Would it be possible to tweak the symmetry plane to be visually less obtrusive, a bit more transparent perhaps?

Edit: Oh and another thing, I wish I could place a spotlight behind glass without it dimming the light, but I guess it's more realistic as it is.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    Frigidman likes this.
  3. Blackhawk

Blackhawk Commander

1. Make symmetry work for texturing and paint
    2. Make a copy/paste system.
    3. Put block rotation on the scroll wheel when holding blocks. Rather than having to flip the plane. Just have it auto rotate to all planes
    4. Allow 2 planes of symmetry.

Siege Inc. and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  4. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

3.Note: Make this an OPTION. Do not make a forced change for everyone who likes the way it is.
    4.Note: Why not allow all 3? :)

5. Blackhawk

Blackhawk Commander

Prevention of doomcubes

6. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

People will still make them with or without the helper planes. Adding in limiting restrictions that do not stop people from doing what they will do... just hurts everyone else who wants to be able to create things easier.

7. Blackhawk

Blackhawk Commander

Please add a repair ship feature!

8. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

For the billionth time +1

9. Guest

Guest Lieutenant

Only if it'll be balanced and a luxurious alternative to fixing stuff by hand (or with partial restore through a facility), not something to displace it altogether. I absolutely can understand and agree that some less manual repair options should be available (especially when it comes to replacing non-cube hull blocks - a time consuming pain) but I will be very disappointed if complete dependance on automatic and full ship restoration will be just another regular thing in the game. Some suggestions regarding preventing that while still having an useful option I've already posted elsewhere.

10. Powerlines2000

Powerlines2000 Ensign

Repair drone, Repair ship option if you add materials, Repair highlighting in the Structural integrity colouring, somthing please trying to find the blocks to repair on a capital ship is a nightmare.

11. Wild_XIII

Wild_XIII Captain

With regards to ship repairs, how about something like a service station that you can build on a CV or base? It could be quite a large item which could fit in a hanger and automatically repairs ships, but it takes time depending on the amount of damage and also requires resources. As for a CV repair module, you could have something placed in the CV which you put resources into and automatically repairs the ship in time?

I know it's probably a similar solution to what others have said, but I honestly think it could be a good idea, especially for ships with components hidden away by blocks. Plus it gives you the opportunity to add a sweet hanger for repairs. :D

12. Doctor Atomic

Doctor Atomic Lieutenant

Give us a way to elevate a vehicle so we can work on the underside and not have to use weird workarounds.

13. Leatherneck

Leatherneck Captain

Yes! I've played a couple of games that give us jacks, which I have found to be insanely useful. Also can be used to make crude elevators.

14. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

At one point you could raise an HV while it is powered on, then hop out and work the underside. Now, it slams back down when you get out of the cockpit =p boooo.

For SV, luckily you can raise it while powered on, and it will stay there for a bit of time after you get out.

So, what about UNPOWERED (build in progress) stuff??? Definitely! Would be awesome to have a 'jack block' that you place in a BA/CV under your SV/HV build, and it lets you 'raise' by up to 1 block height.

15. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Ya mean 1 CV/BA block Height, not 1 SV/HV Block Height, right?

Frigidman likes this.
  16. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Correct. 2 meters.

17. Urbankeskette

Urbankeskette Ensign

Hello, this games is very nice, i like this type of game (minecraft, space engineer). You can inspire of space engineer because the system of build the differents factory is top : the box of stockage is connected at the factory, and you can developpe divers mecanisme for create a truck drill or space vessel drill.....
    I understand this a alpha, but with this addons the gameplay is more good.
    I have stop play space ingineer because the developpement on the planete is not good. You have make a nice job on this . But if you not add divers mod or possibility of connection on the divers factory , the game play go not interesting in the time.

18. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

I'll second this. Painting large structures takes forever.

I'd also like to see the ability to copy/paste structures and connect them to existing items. Being able to duplicate structures would help in building more complex structures.

Would like to see some computer console textures. That way I can add them to my SVs. Would like to see more textures in general.

Would also like a single block size bathroom vanity decoration. Also an antenna decoration that fits on SVs/HVs.

New blocks: Stair railing that fits vertical, diagonal blocks. Extra wide automatic doors(double doors). Placing two single doors next to each other and having them both open and clip through each other just doesn't look right.

Fireplace decoration
    More decoration/textures for hoses/piping and the like.

More curved blocks to make it easier to build domed structures.

Structural Integrity needs work. It seems far too unforgiving at the moment. Building arches and similar structures to transfer point load doesn't seem to be taken into account at all.

19. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

SI is in its first Draft & will need a LOT of work, the Devs already know this & are working on it. With that said:

I wouldn't say no to more Textures too, & while trying to Texture stuff like Solid Cube Hull Blocks next to stuff like Ramp Top Blocks's 'Bottom Facing' & such & seeing Textures refuse to align with their same Texture on this Adjacent Block, it's occurred to me to wish that Texture Facings on Individual Sides of Blocks could be Rotated similar to how ya can Rotate the Symbol Orientations so we can Align our Texture Orientations better.

Siege Inc. likes this.
  20. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

Being able to rotate textures like that is a brilliant idea.