General

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Strange. This is not my experience on the WASD Games Server. I got to the POI's Core which had 2 Glass Panes in front of it & they & the Core answered to my Assault Rifle, though it felt like it honestly took give or take 200+ Bullets to defeat all 3 of those. (Outta my at the time supply of 1,800ish Bullets. :p)

2. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

I have it on film:
    Freighter : Atheron Heavy lifter has glass over the core. (Omicon orbit) on my personal vanilla dedicated server.
    Gatling and T2 pistol do not dent the glass, and the blocks around it are invulnerable - I can share the video, but I know what I saw should be reproducible. Confused why My game behaves differently, nbot saying anyone is wrong, I'm just a little tired here and overwhelmed by all the memory exercises and questions in my mind.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Tyrax Lightning

I bet a Bug Report would love to hear about this, including info on if this was in SP or MP, if this happened in a particular POI, what Build Version this took place in, & the Vid stuck in for good measure. :)

Sometimes stuff like this happens in some circumstances but not others making for elusive Bugs to track down. If it was as simple as 'I assume anyone can just stumble upon this at will', I bet it'da been fixed already. ;)

4. Dionysos

Dionysos Commander

And how does the hv adress the drill problem i mentioned? And in which way realistic?

Yea send one of those velocity guys over pls he /she can click on 5k iron to refine for me. Thast a basic feature for instance which is missing for ages. It also touches your daily "work" in Emp - its your bread and butter. If someone chooses half backen features instead solid ui then i'd say go to hell.

5. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

All things considered, mining by hand using the T3 drill everyone wants, would be pretty much alchemy/magic.

6. Dionysos

Dionysos Commander

I didnt mention a t3 drill and your reply also dont answer my questions. I dont see what you mean by your statements so i asked for details.

7. Cyaneyed

Cyaneyed Ensign

last night my cv got shot down . lost my core and warpdrive wich are in 2 separate rooms with blocks around them. funny thing is that i dont even have a hull breach....the way splash damage works is ridiculus on the hws server i play on people build with 10-15 layers of combat armor. the need for this amount of layer in order to pvp breaks all ship designs. people just roll out CA Cubes with turrets on and a couple of spaces for a cockpit. weapons/armor really needs to change. i want to be able to build smaller cvs and not planet sized cubes

8. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

Most likely that it is a hws server configuration or a problem with clipping/timing/lag problems. The latter will be interesting and more likely what is causing it.

9. huntercrom

huntercrom Lieutenant

Actually, this happens to my SV all the time. I have the interior destroyed and emptied out numerous times because an engine gets destroyed that is on the outside and protected by a block between it and the interior. The SV has interior seating in the bay for 2, and 2 of each cargo, refigerator and ammo box, plus 4 fuel cells and 4 oxygen tanks. 1 Constructor and 1 O2 unit. ALL of those are destroyed, gone. Nothing left on the inside at all, with the exception of the 2 chairs for people to sit in.

again, that's taking out ONE engine on the outside and the splash damage is that bad. Yeah, I don't think so. It's not the weapons that are doing it, it is the explosions splash damage that is causing it and making the rest of the items get destroyed. For what ever reason.

I like the SV that I am using, so I deal with it, thankfully, it's only taken one time of losing everything in 2 cargo's and 1 constructor to realize to avoid getting the underbelly shot at.

10. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

The hitbox detection code perhaps needs to do a trajectory backtrack whenever it registers that it's hit something, because it's the same for "trains" and other collision detections, the collision only gets detected when it's too late.

11. Reytag

Reytag Lieutenant

Freighters:

I was trying to put several freighters to follow waypoints around a planet in formation, so far I have accomplished this by putting in all required coordinates one after another and simply separating freighters by 300m in height.

I have observed the following strange behaviors in general for freighters.

1. Sometimes they only do 1m/s (with FixedMaxSpeed: 20).
    Update: AI vessel thrusters seem very weak, upgrade blueprint vessel with more thrust.

2. Sometimes they rotate at 90 degree intervals as they move forwards. Eg. 0, 90, -90, 0, 90, .... etc...
    Update: Try to log out and log back in to see if this remedies the situation.

3. If you go into "godmode" near them they can start to jump / stutter / skip, at this point when they hit the next coordinate they will not turn into their heading but rather traverse their path sideways, very strange.

Update: This actually seems to be proximity based, at a far distance the above described behavior can be seen. At a close distance the stuttering/jumping stops and the vessel turns into its heading. Could be some kind of process saving mechanism for performance reasons.

4. After a while they can start to spawn in with random blocks missing, many missing blocks, entire hull segments.
    Update: Try to log out and log back in to see if this remedies the situation. Could be an issue with rendering client side.

5. If you have several out at once with several drones and a station or two it can come to the point where everything AI freezes (freighters, drones, bases). The AI will also not fire in this frozen state. Players however can still move but you not even destroy the AI vessels with weapons fire when it is frozen.

This was tested on a dedicated server.

Just a little example of what I am working on:

A rare resource planet is protected by several orbital platforms, a 3x freighter formation (soon to be custom battle cruisers) patrols in orbit, they enter and exit the system by means of a jump gate.
    Here you can see the freighter has stopped in the gate for just a moment and is spooling up its jump drive (blue glow), it warps out < 1 second later:
    http://imgur.com/a/rYTec

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    banksman45 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  12. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

Yep, I added 2 freighters (dedicated local) and this happened to me too.

13. ADustyGlommer

ADustyGlommer Lieutenant

Happened everytime my self-implimented CVs warped out for the first time(and every warp afterwards). What i found is that the segments missing are always the same, atleast in my game. I had 3 CVs of the same blueprint close to each other, warping at the same time, and after each warp they were missing the exact same parts. The only things that seemed to go missing however were hull blocks. Turrets,fuel tanks and all the other devices were just floating and still part of the ship, but never missing ( i think ). Roughly 1/3 to 1/2 of the hull blocks were missing after the warps. The blockcount of said blueprints was around 5000, if that matters.

14. VISION305

VISION305 Rear Admiral

START:
    With Alpha 5.0 the game feels much much easier. I think you should only have one civilian outpost per planet except on the earth like worlds. Otherwise as I explore I tend to see these POIs everywhere, with free loot everywhere.

I think it would be cool that soon after your life pod crashes a drop ship lands nearby threatening you to flee. Would add more intensity to the start of the game. It makes you quickly move out and feel threatened.

BASE ATTACKS:
    Instead of warning that drones are coming, warn that enemy contact is on approach. Allow the enemy drop ship to be sent towards your base and to land at a safe distance dropping off squads of enemies that attack turrets and doors. They attempt to breach your base and to destroy your core. They dont just shoot at everything rather just your defenses and doors. Dropships respawn after time.

Allow the drone waves to become larger with a cap. Increase drone count and drone sizes and weapons. Drones focus on destroying turrets only while troops focus on breaching the base. Would even be cool if they planted C4 on doors.

This forces the player to plan ahead and to always have enough defenses and ammo.

PVP:
    For PVP you should disable enemies from appearing on the map. That way someone can potentially build a camouflaged base. Radar would show flight movement only thus increasing the reasons to build HV. Alien turrets would have a hard time tracking ground units, decreasing accuracy and rate of fire when targeting players on the ground or in an HV. The smaller personnel turrets would have no change.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    rainyday and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  15. VISION305

VISION305 Rear Admiral

I also think sounds need to be worked on. The UI sounds are good though. But listen to the weapons in real life. What does a minigun sound like? It sounds like a buzzing. What do explosions sound like? Also the creatures are sharing the same sounds a lot of the times. The background ambient noises should match better for alien worlds. I keep hearing a wood pecker and wolves but see none.

I would think bigger with empyrion and get some real audio going. Graphics are not the best but are decent enough, but when it comes to sound, imo they give more immersion than the actual graphics do. Cheers!

Empyrion is a great game. It is up to all of us to make it legendary and I stand in support.

rainyday and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  16. Tyrax Lightning

Agreed, especially the 'so many Creatures sharing the same Sounds' bit. More then once i've heard a dangerous sounding noise & turned around ready to fight only for the noise to have turned out to be just a Talon Guardian strolling by. Other times I ignore it thinking it'll just be a Talon Guardian then I get bit on the ass by a Hostile. :/

ThalonMook likes this.
  17. DuLux

DuLux Captain

I think the POI Farm loot (in experimental 5.1) is really weak.
    So was the freighter. I was bummed.

18. SightedNZ

SightedNZ Commander

There are two things I have found with 5.0+ that need to be tweaked:

- T2 Drills; With the addition of the right-click menu, you can no longer hold down both buttons to boost the drill's mining speed. Drilling speed seems to have been tweaked to counter this, but I feel that it is not quiet back to where it was prior to patch 5.0.

- Drone kills; When I shoot down drones that appear over a mountain ridge close to my base on Akua and they fall on the ridge, they frequently fall through the mountain range and out of the map. I can replicate this often by shooting them down from a distance however when I am close and can see the terrain, this does not happen. Could be some sort of issue with the distance terrain is drawn at.

With regards to the second point, I am happy to submit a bug report and my save file if it is an issue that has not been documented yet.

19. Tyrax Lightning

Known Issue the Devs have tried to fix before, but it still persists. They can use all the Bug Reports & info on it they can get imho.

20. Tanksy

Tanksy Ensign

Nice patch for 5.1..

The new light flares are painful to look at, very bright and glaring when you're looking at a light on the far wall of the base.
    I get lens flare when looking at a portable work light 2, with my helmet off.
    Movement feels very stuttery now, especially when on a CV or BA.
    Keyboard issues that plagued previous versions have returned. Every now and then the game just forgets that you're holding down a key and you stop dead in your tracks. Very frustrating that this bug has returned.

Reload animations are a nice addition but like every animation in first person, it's quite wobbly looking.

Looks like there's been a lot of fixes in this patch, so nice work. But it seems some fixes have broke some others..

Neal and Tyrax Lightning like this.