GUI

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. medicineman

medicineman Captain

Ive used this feature but currently it seems to be broken. When I tell it to set a waypoint a little arrow appears in the interface but no arrow appears back on the hud or in any visible way.

Also this feature is extremely limited. It should work more like Eve's registery where you register based on the coordinate system instead of on specific landmarks. I want to be able to set coordinates for ores, places where a lot of clumps of particular harvestibles are clustered or places with particular lifeforms etc.

But in the end I shouldn't have to give up all control of my avatar or my ship to look at the map.

Tyrax Lightning and ion_storm like this.
  2. medicineman

medicineman Captain

Because it's really really simple. It's just a flat table that if we're lucky has scroll bars. :(

ion_storm and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  3. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

I agree.

Tyrax Lightning and ion_storm like this.
  4. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Sadly simpler is not always better. :(

Ark just recently Converted their Interface to a 'Mobile App-like' Interface as well & the large majority hate it... I strongly suspect the possibility that the small handful of Likers (Of the 'New Interface in BOTH Empyrion & Ark...) are mostly Kids or Teenagers.

ion_storm likes this.
  5. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Don't play ARK so I had to go look. At least they still have color, menu borders, and a background element. It's boring, but not retinal-bleach levels of sterile.

6. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

I think that has already been established :)

Would be interesting to see someone graphically talented's example on how Empyrions GUI _should_ look like.... ;)

7. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

If that's a challenge, it's not one I'm willing to take at 4am in the morning.

8. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

If we could extract the raw assets like icons and imagery, it would make a task not so painfully ugly.

9. Postmodern

Postmodern Ensign

Toolbar and Trash need a 'Are you sure?' before executing.
    Or at least an OPTIONS setting to toggle such a SAFETY feature on and off for each container ( Trash, plus the what?, 9 containers on the toolbar?) If not the toolbar, then at least the TRASH. Because I don't want to accidentally lose something AGAIN (Assault rifle) while I'm fumbling around in a panic trying not to die!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  10. Moonsugar

Moonsugar Rear Admiral

No. Please. I dont play Windows, but EGS. And i dont want to click away all this spam.
    First: Think. Then: Do. Not the other way 'round. And get used to this, in live there is no safety question or restart either.

Sorry if i do piss you off, but i react extremely allergic on this 'are you sure'. Especially if it is demanded in two threats at once.

11. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

@Moonsugar I have to agree. I mean, we've all been there - destroyed stuff we didn't mean to (full stack of Fusion Fuel comes to my mind). But I still wouldn't want it to keep asking unnecessary questions on actions that are pretty clear what they do.

12. Moonsugar

Moonsugar Rear Admiral

... as well as the stack of erestrum ore that went into the lava instead of the inventory...

13. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Yeah.

Honestly, I have to hunt for the trash drop box, that I don't even find it as something that can be accidental. I have to deliberately go "ok, i need to trash this... uhmm... where is that trash drop box... hmmmmmmm" So by that time, I'm already pretty much sure I want too.

And to have warnings on the Toolbar before doing something ? HELL NO. Geez.

Tyrax Lightning and DuLux like this.
  14. Pyston

Pyston Captain

Would it be possible on the ammunition menu to list a total count of item slots based on ammo boxes.

For example: The HV ammo box has 14 slots. Lets say we have 4 ammo boxes which gives us a total of 56 ammo slots. I would like for the menu to give us an indicator of the total slots available and the total slots.

It should read something like:
    "24 of 56 slots remaining"

15. Pyston

Pyston Captain

Also, a collapse all arrow on the device menu please.

EDIT: OR Make them retain their state. If I close them, I want them to remain closed.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  16. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

I like the GUI, at first I did not like the 6.0 gui changed but they have grown on me, I like them ^-^

I have suggestion for the N menu, little popup menus like this are useful, I think one could be made for ticking to show certain visual display floats such as entity tags, some options to minimise or hide the chat, an option to render forcefields or not.

The popup window could have a small list of other windows you can choose to hide or display.
    Could become more of a useful tool that way. I rarely find use for the N key atm yet its function is such a useful quick access deal it seems a shame to waste it on its current parameters only.

If anything, a switchboard for you device switches should pop up on a panel like that, that would be very useful.

This popup panel should be built upon.

17. DuLux

DuLux Captain

I agree. It's actually a little inconvenient to trash something...so much so that I really don't like how it's designed.
    I'd rather make it easier to destroy things than harder.... IMHO

18. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Correct. And people who goof... well, they need to learn to be responsible for their actions and not do that again! ;)

19. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Would love the same in regards to Reloading the Hand Drill... sucks having a fat finger accident & mistakenly hitting R when I meant to hit F to access something, or such like that. :(

The Suggestion already came with Integrated Toggle to determine if it'd be on or off so both sides can be happy... where's the problem? :(

Plus my RL Asperger makes "First: Think. Then: Do" prone to Malfunction & there's seriously literally NOTHING I can do about it... no matter how much I try to... to no end... :(

I've been wanting that for SO long... :(

Also wish it was possible to DISABLE the Arceus Damned 'Open Chat' Auto-Close. :(

Again, i've been TRYING TO my whole life... but my fucking Asperger makes it impossible. :(

Definitely ain't called a "Mental Development Disorder" for nothin, I know... but peeps like me wanna be able to have fun too. :(

Kassonnade likes this.
  20. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Actually, it is while "goofing" that I learned a useful feature, by trying to "send back" items from the quick access slots to the main inventory with shift+LMB, while creative menu was open. Used to drag n drop the stacks one by one in the trash...