Has a certain member been banned he's upvoting negative steam reviews?

Discussion in 'Other Discussion' started by 1979danb, Jun 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1979danb

1979danb Commander

as above really, not sure i should say his name? D....

2. Midas

Midas Ensign

If i understand you correctly you want someone to get banned for upvoting negative reviews in steam?
    If that's the case then.... we are all entitled to our own opinions, this is not a cult following of a game. It's fully acceptable to not be happy about a game but still play it, and still be a part of the community. This is not a club where everyone has to love the game :) Frankly, the game is in alpha and needs feedback to take it further into a finished product. However, there are people that give constructive criticism and feedback, and there are those that just spew garbage. The first one is welcome, the second one will quickly realize that no-one likes a garbage dispenser and will get isolated socially. You ban people for breaking the rules :) ...

3. 1979danb

1979danb Commander

No a member HAS BEEN banned from here on the forum i wasn't sure when i first posted hence its posted as a question not a request!

4. Midas

Midas Ensign

So he just got banned because of negative steam reviews, not because of something he did on the forum? That's strange then..

5. 1979danb

1979danb Commander

no, he was banned from here because of his behaviour, after getting banned he closed his server and its website THEN went onto steam upvoting negative reviews proving he is childish old man and deserved the ban!

6. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Heh.

Well... 1 upvote per crappy one-liner reviews, wont do much if anything. Review votes actually don't mean anything to the score. He'd have to setup new steam accounts, and buy the game, and give negative reviews... and a whole lot of them... to make an impact.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    ion_storm likes this.
  7. Cra2ytig3r

Cra2ytig3r Commander

Wow! I didn't think they ban anyone here! I'm sure they gave them warnings & chances first & one can get away with a lot here before that even happens.
    One can get away with saying just about anything here. What they cant & wont allow is people insulting & belittling others. If someone cant stop doing that, then they have problems.
    We are all here to give our 2 cents & throw ideas against the wall. No matter how bad that idea is, one shouldn't be insulted over it. Sure we have an ignore feature, but if we start ignoring each other then what would be the point of this forum?
    In the end it's their loss, not Empyrions. This is a great game, with a great staff & great people who want to make it greater!

8. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    This banned users behavior was far beyond anything we could accept..and he w as warned over and over and over again...i even had several private talks with him...and at a moment i thought he was finally even worth becoming a tester , because of the feedback he provided (between all the flame) was valid, he had a final meltdown that was so bad, that this lead to his ban.

Starwing6, StoneLegion and ion_storm like this.
  9. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

Ha-ha...
    Knowing how annoying I can be sometimes, this guy must be really unbearable...
    :D:D:D

10. StoneLegion

StoneLegion Captain

As much as I love Drama I'm going to close this. If you think someone is abusing the Steam Reviews systems then please report it to Steam as the Developers / Players really have no control over that.

Outside that it's best to ignore them and overtime they will just get bored and move onto something else.

Thank you though for bring it to our attention!

Pyston and ion_storm like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.