Important announcement for the official servers

Discussion in 'Official Eleon Server' started by RexXxuS, Jun 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Hi Survivalists,

After a successful Alpha 6.0 launch also on the official servers we see now more and more some bottlenecks and problems for the official EU and US server.

To highlight three of them:

1. too many cores on starter planets - new people can't build new stuff anymore
    2. due a regression it was previously possible to decore a neutral POI which is now forever taken
    3. Resource shortage on starters
    4. Corrupt files / savegame. People can't login, Ships disappearing and worse

To fix all three points we will:

1. reduce the decay time to 10 hours (instead of the current 30 hours)
    2. reduce the wipe time to 336 hours (= 14 days instead of current 17 days / 408 hours)
    3. wipe on coming friday to set better resources amounts on the starters and clean already taken POIs
    4. Set the player slot count to 35

So the most important thing to highlight again:

Full wipe on friday the 23th June at 9 AM (UTC-5)!

Counter:
    https://www.timeanddate.com/countdo...ver+(EU+US)+Starter+Wipe&ud=1&font=slab&csz=1

Sorry for the inconveniences but it is needed to provide a better gameplay for everyone and especially for new people joining.

RexXxuS

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    StoneLegion and Taelyn like this.
  2. dfxdeimos

dfxdeimos Ensign

Is there any word on upgrading the server specs?

3. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Not possible at the moment

4. TiraMitzu

TiraMitzu Ensign

So will people still be able to put a core on hostile POI? There's nothing left to do atm on official EU server. [JEK] faction has been coreing everything.

5. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Not on the once that regenerate.

It was a bug that u could. Got fixed in 6.1.2 but requiers a wipe to get the POIs back as it should

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2017
  6. Guitarminator

Guitarminator Ensign

What time will the wipe occur?

7. Bavnild

Bavnild Ensign

Will deposits respawn? And will the wipe remove already existing Autominers on starter planets?

8. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Yep and Yep

9. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Starter planets are the planets u can choice to start on when u join the server. So all of those.

Eleen
    Kelt
    Trader Residence
    Mecanery Camp

10. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  11. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

@everyone alright - after some hours of investigation it looks devasting. Not only some orbit playfields are corrupt but also some starters and planets. Also ships vanishes or you can't warp or worse. Right now it doesn't look really good. And with that I mean a full wipe is needed since I don't know what part of files are corrupt and what not. Very annoying and disappointing. After the full wipe I can provide a command / starter package for you as a compromise. But sadly that is all we can transfer / do. So save your blueprints so it wouldn't be a total loss after the full wipe. The full wipe would be just be done together with the starter wipes on firday... which is now a full wipe. Sorry for the inconvenience really but at the moment it looks like that.

12. Guitarminator

Guitarminator Ensign

Can you provide the command/starter package now so we can have it for after the wipe or must we wait until the wipe occurs?

13. Bavnild

Bavnild Ensign

I'm glad that you guys won't take any chances :) hope this will solve some of the issues.

14. D3matt

D3matt Ensign

So, you seriously can't even save the playerfiles? I trust that the developers are at least being engaged here to figure out what happened and make sure it never happens again on this or any other server? This is pretty lame, and at least half the friends I was playing with are going to be very difficult to convince to play with me again any time soon because of it.

15. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

I dont think so we can keep that. Hard to tell whats corrupt and what not

16. D3matt

D3matt Ensign

I don't understand. Surely it would pretty plain to tell if the playerfiles are corrupted or not. Have there been any errors at all related to it? I'm sorry if I seem overly critical, but it just seems like you guys have taken the approach of "too many problems, we give up" and just keep repeating that. I totally understand clearing all the playfields, crappy as that is, I've seen a ton of issues there. (Although again, I really hope you've got the developers looking at your data files, server logs, etc. in great detail to solve the issue before we run into it again). But I don't get the playerfiles, I haven't seen any issues in that regard or heard of any issues that might point to them being corrupt.

17. heidan65

heidan65 Ensign

From now on, will it be a total wipe every 14 day or only the starter planets?

holmegaard31 likes this.
  18. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

There are some ppl twice on the server. With different levels. Caused issues with accesing there structures.

No the wipe time that unvisited structurs will be removed is 14 days

19. salcedoxv

salcedoxv Ensign

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for keeping everyone updated. RexXxus your concerns and troubles are appreciated. I'm sure this is all lot of work for everyone and its really hard to upset so many people when your only intention was to entertain and please. Many people will benefit from this and sadly many (including myself) will lose countless hours of hard work. I only hope there is something to be salvaged during this situation. I would love and I say this with all sincerity, I would absolutely love a starter package after the wipe to save me a few hours. I suppose this is me trying to get my name into the pool of starter packages. Thank you for keeping everyone updated. I will only benefit from the wipe. Sadly I won't play until after wipe.

20. Khazador

Khazador Ensign

The question is are you certain this Database corruption will not occur again? I am sure that it will and is just a matter of time. Lowering the server cap from 50 to 35 I am sure will help but the nitrado servers are very poor. I am confident this or something like it will occur again. I think it positive to be upfront with everyone about what can and will occur in regards to the server and having to wipe. A lot of people I played with quit because of frustrations with the lag, delay, and server cap being only 50. To me this "Official" server feels less and less like "Official" and more and more like a hot mess. I am willing to help in anyone to make this server better as I want this game to succeed and a lot of people who play these games will hit those "Official" servers first before ever trying private servers. So if the "Official" servers are in good shape that can only mean a bigger and better player base. I am a programmer, so if you need any help along those lines let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.