planet-nomads (KICK START NOW LIVE!)

Discussion in 'Other Discussion' started by upsetkiller, Jan 21, 2016.

1. upsetkiller

upsetkiller Commander

The moment we survival and exploration fanatics have been waiting for!

from what i see and read, this game is a no mans sky slayer! back this people , shows quality and promise !

2. Pr0gr4mm3r

Pr0gr4mm3r Lieutenant

I backed it on Kickstarter some days ago. They already showed a lot in their campaign, unlike others and they also have made some quite good games yet. I hope that the game reaches it's funding goal.

3. Leatherneck

Leatherneck Captain

What I really like about Planet Nomads is that the developers are not biting off more than they can chew. So, they are not trying to do so much that it is an impossible task. For these guy's first PC outing, I really hope the last bit of funding pulls through as I am excited to see what they do.

4. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

You testing for them?

5. Pr0gr4mm3r

Pr0gr4mm3r Lieutenant

@Leatherneck
    They have quite much they want to do but it seems like they also have a good base. Their procedurally generation seems to be working good already and the physics also seem to be solid but they also said, that they still have to do a lot, like the multiplayer and some of the stuff you can see in the stretch goals but as i said they seem to have a solid base for their game.

@=TCR= Big_Red
    I guess he isn't. They're not a small team i would say and i guess they have their own testers.

I also hope that they reach their funding goal because i think it would be a quite nice game and i would like to see it become reality and play it, but as far as i know they also keep developing it, if they don't reach the goal but slower then.

6. upsetkiller

upsetkiller Commander

i have backed them around 5 times now , for gf , friends and my self , Very promising and very underrated project , fun fact , they have been ignored by larger media outlets , i wonder why , is it because its a huge competition to the now sony protected no mans sky ?

Their builder demo alone gives an idea how far ahead they are of other games using building stuff as their core element

4 days left , grap the alpha nomad package , gives you alpha access to the game , grab it while you can people

7. StoneLegion

StoneLegion Captain

Darn they already have forums could of help them out there :) Sadly I don't have the money to back games these days but I can't wait to keep an eye on it.

8. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

I backed it, but to be honest its nothing to rave about yet and this type of kickstarter are the type you sometimes never see again, lets hope its not that, still I cant see it beating Empyrion , Empyrion if it gets its procedurally generated galaxy and some detailed work on the terrain generator is going to be very hard to beat.

9. upsetkiller

upsetkiller Commander

Its not really a comparison but now that you have mentioned it , so far ? from the 10 updates to kickstart and Other updates they have shown ,

its leaps and bounds ahead of empyrion in scope , visuals and detail , Of course i give empyrion the benifit of doubt because its released , i enjoy the game and am looking forward to it progressing more .

But the honesty and content they have shown gives me no reason to doubt these peeps . I hope it does goes down well to our expectations
    and this is coming from a person who backed star forge religiously , and they were not even close to the level of things these peeps have shown

10. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

In, I really like this genre and want to see successful projects bring it further. :)

11. Pr0gr4mm3r

Pr0gr4mm3r Lieutenant

If they wouldn't have shown anyhting i never would have bake them but they already showed a lot of their work and it's not their first proejct and it already seems quite solid. The demo is also quite nice and it's not their first game so let's wait what they will make off it.

I'm glad that they hit their funding goal some days ago and maybe they also reach their 2nd stretch goal. ;)

upsetkiller likes this.
  12. =TCR= Big_Red

I'm in. Let's see what they got.

upsetkiller likes this.
  13. zergling_brood

zergling_brood Lieutenant

Just checked their site and ALPHA trailers... damn! What awesome graphics..... It is sure a heck of a competitor for Empyrion :( .

14. =TCR= Big_Red

Competition is good.

Kasero and Leatherneck like this.
  15. Leatherneck

Leatherneck Captain

Indeed.

16. =TCR= Big_Red

https://www.planet-nomads.com
    Just a nice update. From there devs. Wheels, scalable blocks, power control for each block, solar panels and lots more.

17. =TCR= Big_Red

Pre-alpha release coming this August.

18. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

We'll finally be able to play it ourselves? Woohoo! XD

19. =TCR= Big_Red

Yes it will be a refreshing break to try something different. Or maybe not lol

20. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

Hehe, exactly, who knows if it will play horribly or have some awful feature we can't get past. From the videos I've seen it seems less combat-y and survival-y than Empyrion.