Planets and the solar system.

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by JayCo, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

It'd be like an Empyrion equivalent of old school game Bottomless Pits, except with a tangible visible logical reason why it's instant doom. :)

I also still hope for Black Holes someday too. :D

Supercrab and Marty like this.
  2. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Commander

Eeep that would plainly suck, if the radiation doesn't kill you the gravity will if that doesn't the thing sucking you in and spaghettifying you will. Good thing you'd be able to see the thing well before you're within the zone of effect of it. All that gas being sucked into it makes in plain exactly what it is.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Supercrab

Supercrab Commander

it would warn you first, a sign would apeear warning you are too close to destroy jone where your ship crumples.

4. medicineman

medicineman Captain

More than any other feature this is the one I am sticking around and laming around the forums for. Right now I'm pretty down about the console interface and console instancing and control issues that I see. I mean the game interface/controls look and feel pretty damn consoley and thats ok for alpha I guess...

But in the end what is going to make or break the game for me is the planets and solar systems. Not just that but the feeling of exploring as in time spent and issue/event occurance or something. I dunno exactly but I'll know it when I see it. Either they get that part right or the potential I saw here for me personally won't be realized.

5. Tyrax Lightning

Hey, it'd be fun as hell to push your PvP Foes into the Black Hole & sentence them to "Spaghettification"! :p

Watching my Character getting Spaghettified could be interesting too. :D

Captain Nemo and medicineman like this.
  6. Captain Nemo

Captain Nemo Ensign

As you approach the event horizon of a black hole, time relative to nearby space and the rest of the universe would become... separated. As you are being spaghettified, you would witness the galaxy "speeding up" and experiencing either gravitational collapse or heat death. The only thing that can be said for sure about that experience is that you would probably get to witness more than one life-cycle of your nearby stars before you're torn completely apart at the sub-quantum level by gravity waves... or run out of oxygen to breathe, whichever comes first (anyone's guess, really... we haven't the slightest idea how time works... only that it appears to effectively stop at the event horizon of a black hole, so as you descend into that point you would achieve near stasis relative to the rest of the universe and from that perspective everything else would appear to speed up dramatically).

7. ApeX

ApeX Ensign

Why would you pigeon hole the game? Obviously, it can be played in a myriad of ways. I would personally like to see planets explode when they reach a certain density, Take out all the resources and BOOM instant asteroid field full of debris. There needs to be more in the way of outlying planets anyway these planets would then take the place of the ones that blow up.

8. Tyrax Lightning

Planet Explodes when all Ore Veins are depleted... then Griefers & Trolls will do nothing but Mine out all Veins on all Planets as fast as they can to give everyone nowhere to be able to play or Base anymore. This will never work. *Facepalm*

geostar1024 and Kassonnade like this.
  9. ApeX

ApeX Ensign

I certainly understand. I had not thought about it that way but it would be a horrible mechanic in all but the most survivalist type of survival game.

10. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

Back to the original question - I think it would be good if everything in this realm was scaled up by a factor of 10 or even 20. Make planet some where around 80 km to 120 km arounb, instead of 8km. In space it should be a solid 40km to 60 km between worlds. The entire space region might be as large as 200,ooo km across.

That should be enough to allow for faster vessels, and make things more interesting. Longer days and nights too!

Marty, VISION305, Neal and 3 others like this.
  11. Supercrab

Supercrab Commander

a 90% water planet, for me ocustune is not enough, it will be cool to have floating POIs!!!

12. VISION305

VISION305 Rear Admiral

or even underwater bases where you come in through the bottom

Supercrab and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  13. VISION305

VISION305 Rear Admiral

Yeah I want to see something like this. Those pole walls and green barriers are starting to drive me crazy.

Tyrax Lightning and Neal like this.
  14. Frankyln

Frankyln Rear Admiral

With Huge Underwater Sea Dragons, Leviathans or Krakens to gobble your ship up.

Ships would also need crush depth, there is a big difference in designing between flying in outer space and diving deep in an ocean/gas giant.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  15. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

"Empyrion Galactic Survival: Subnautica Expansion" :p

16. Xenophon

Xenophon Commander

do we need to add Cyclops and Seamoth too? well got a seamoth already jk

maybe when you land on ocean planet, empyrion launches subnautica and when you finish subnautica it launches empyrion again. jk jk

we need some gas giants and ocean planets tho...

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  17. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

Guys Hummel has already confirmed new planets are in the works... If we lucky we will see not flat but spherical planets by end of 2017

Tyrax Lightning, VISION305 and Marty like this.
  18. Supercrab

Supercrab Commander

Waterproof guns!!!! Waterproof turrets!!!! a device you can put in your base to remove ALL water in your base if your base is airtight!!! i would really really love to have all these!!!!

19. Xenophon

Xenophon Commander

why is everything in this game done with magical 1 devices why not automatically airtight base under water if its airtight

Tyrax Lightning and Supercrab like this.
  20. Supercrab

Supercrab Commander

magical 1 device called an water pump, don't think you can build a big base underwater and all the water vanishes :p

Tyrax Lightning, VISION305 and Marty like this.