UPDATE Release of the Dark Faction DLC

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Taelyn, Feb 6, 2024.

1. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Hello Galactic Survivalists!

Today, not only are we releasing version 1.11, but we are also celebrating the launch of our first true expansion of the main game with "Dark Faction"!

In order to reward you for your monetary support with appropriate content, we have been working hard on various features that will also open up entirely new thematic areas for the future.

Among others:

- Dynamic territory expansion of the Dark Faction across the galaxy!

- The Dark Field, a planetary and orbital effect field that will affect your drives, weapons, and much more.

- New decoration on conquered planets as well as corrupted animals and NPCs

- A completely new type of enemy that dynamically develops from an egg form to camouflaged soldiers and then to an egg-laying queen.

- Grenade launchers (with bouncing grenades), bows (with explosive arrows), and swords (including a temporary energy shield!)

- The organic-technological arsenal of the Dark Faction with new devices, weapons, and new organic building blocks, including textures and more than 50 exclusive, organic shapes and organic doors!

- Volumetric fog in conquered orbits.

You can find detailed information in our Game FAQ: https://empyriononline.com/threads/faq-dark-faction.102209

For all other questions please head over to our general FAQ about the DLC: https://empyriononline.com/threads/faq-dark-faction-dlc.102169/

Of course, with these contents, we are just getting started on the theme "Dark Faction" and the associated features and functions.

More content and updates are planned and will follow - as always, incorporating your feedback!

But for now, we hope you have a lot of fun and thank you in advance for your support!

Your Eleon Game Studios team.

A Mueller, Germanicus and Groza like this.
  2. Groza

Groza Commander

looks pretty good
    like it!

3. Liang

Liang Captain

DLCs are not expansions. Expansions are expansions. DLCs are a one a done deal outside of bug fixes while expansions are what future development are based on.

So which is this? Are we now being told that we must buy this because this is what the game is going to be developed off of?

4. StoneLegion

StoneLegion Captain

The future of the game is going be based on Vanilla like they stated before. They will prob like any scenario, fix, change and update parts of it over time mostly I assume bug fixes.

This game been out for a long time it's quite a niche game. I bought the dlc, sent a copy to a friend and all because I want to support the game and the title even if this means it helps support Empyrion 2 some day. That being said I got my money worth and then some.

Westworld, Germanicus and Robot Shark like this.
  5. DiMithras

DiMithras Lieutenant

I have not been in the game for a while and I did buy the DLC just to support the devs for long-time bug fixing and FREE updates with new features.

Yet I'm not sure if I should report it to the bugs section. DLC started within 3rd attempt, the space part ran smoothly except for steam doing bugs and getting focused on. Nevermind. But when I tried to enter the planet everything just broke.

I remember the days when I bought Empyrion early stage and it just did not run o_O
    That time it was solved by activating an alpha testing program.

Feels like the new DLC also has to undergo some bug fixing and optimization, not playable as of now with my old 12 GB RAM PC.

UPD: tried minimum video settings and loading a savegame, the game just crashes.

UPD2: Yeah, that was definitely the RAM. I've upgraded it to 32 Gb, now I can visit this planet.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2024