INFO & FEEDBACK FAQ - Dark Faction (DLC)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Hummel-o-War, Jan 12, 2024.

1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Hello Galactic Survivalists!

First and foremost: We are extremely excited about your enthusiasm for the upcoming DLC 'Dark Faction'! We are also delighted with all the positive feedback and numerous questions that have reached us in the last few days .

You can find the announcement including the trailer OVER HERE.

We will now try to answer some of the most frequently asked questions about the Empyrion Galactic Survival DLC 'Dark Faction'.

Additionally, we plan to release more blog posts with further details and information about the DLC in the weeks leading up to the release!

As always: If you have specific questions about the gameplay or the new features of the DLC, feel free to post them below this message and we will try to answer them in the next theme blog.

Without further delay - let's get started!

[​IMG]

FAQ

- General -

Does the DLC only work in single player?
    Server owners can set up servers based on the DLC-included game version as normal. However, all players must own and have installed the main game and the DLC to play on these servers

Is the "Dark Faction Rising" scenario suitable for multiplayer mode?
    The scenario is intended for single player and small co-op games. It is not balanced or made for dedicated servers. Dedicated multiplayer scenarios based on the DLC may follow in the future.

Will the content of the main game (version with and without DLC) continue to be updated free of charge (content updates, bug fixes)?
    We will continue to provide the main game (version without DLC) with free content and bug fixes for its owners. Owners of the DLC version of the game will of course also receive associated bug fixes and DLC-specific content updates free of charge

Will there be another bug fix update before the DLC release?
    Bug fixes that are relevant for both the main game version with and without DLC will, whenever possible, be fixed and installed at the same time. However, it is also possible that the DLC game version and the non-DLC game version will sometimes be updated independently of each other. Please keep an eye on our announcements!

- Compatibility -

Can I download/subscribe to blueprints created with the DLC for my non-DLC game?
    We are currently clarifying the final technical details. However, it will not be possible to use DLC-related content (e.g. blueprints with DLC content) on non-DLC savegames or game versions (neither in single player nor in multiplayer)

Can players who do not own the DLC play on servers that require the DLC?
    That will not be possible. To play on a server or scenario that uses DLC content, the creators and players must own and have installed both the main game and the DLC.

Can scenarios that were created with the main game (version without DLC) use DLC contents?
    Scenarios or mods that are based solely on the main game (version without DLC) will not be able to use the contents of the DLC.

- Gameplay & Features -

Will we get melee combat?
    Yes, there will be melee combat in the DLC game version. Take a closer look at the published screenshots ;)

Will the main storyline of the game be changed, expanded or completed with the DLC release?
    Eleon Game Studios is a very small studio. To make the DLC fun and enjoyable, all developers and content designers have been working on this project for the last few months. We will of course continue to work on the main scenario ... especially on completing the main storyline (which will be included in both the version with and without DLC!)! However, there is no announcement on this yet and the work on the main story arc it is not part of the "Dark Faction" DLC update or the accompanying update to both game versions for the reasons mentioned above. The eponymous scenario in the DLC will also have its own storyline, which is not directly based on the main storyline or is only loosely connected to it.

2. StoneLegion

StoneLegion Captain

Thanks for Posting a FAQ's, hopefully this helps people out a lot with all their questions :)

Myrmidon likes this.
  3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

The Funcom announcement mentions a future Empyrion title and there's been a lot of speculation what this means.
    Are you able to say if this is another DLC, an Empyrion sequel, or another game set in the Empyrion universe?

4. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Undefined future projects in Empyrion

Germanicus likes this.
  5. LyfeForse

LyfeForse Lieutenant

One of the bigger questions/concerns people have is the Funcom / Eleon partnership, and whether Eleon might lose its independence through aquisition.

Are you guys in a position to ellaborate on what that dynamic is? is it merely just a marketing partnership, wherein Eleon gives a portion of sales for advertising/hosting/marketing from Funcom, or does it extend beyond that with Funcom giving direction or having some oversight?

Will Dark Faction have it's own Workshop? or will it share with Empyrion Galactic Survival's?

6. Taelyn

• Developer
    • Administrator
    We keep the IP of the game 100%. Funcom helps us doing the marketing aspect of the game

It wont have a own workshop, you can tag blueprints that they need to have the DLC as requirement

7. Ente

Ente Commander

Will there be a dynamic 3rd person camera for the melee fighting? Or will we still only have the current static camera modes?

8. LyfeForse

LyfeForse Lieutenant

Is there going to be a new soundtrack, or additional music tracks?

9. Taelyn

• Developer
    • Administrator
    There are some new sounds added specifily for the Dark Faction Scenario

Germanicus likes this.
  10. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Thank you @Hummel-o-War and @Taelyn for any clarifications you provide here. I needed them and I think it is more suitable to find any information regarding further developments, current and future , of your game that I already love, in a centralized location, aka. forums or online shops Empyrion is sold. I keep in my mind this: As in any game, so it is with Empyrion,only the developers have the first and last word, so they are the only true resource of any information regarding its state.

I am excited to see that you continue to develop enrich and expand it after all those years. All these years you, as developers, are with me,as a player, on this. This relationship, developer with players, seems to have a bright future and for me it is something I value very much to the point not only to just play your game but also to contribute as much as I can, providing feedback, bug reports, ideas and also my overall thoughts regarding this experience. Nobody is perfect and striving for improvement, in any form, are key elements for many things. And I am glad always, to realize Eleon, as a company and team, are in the right path to achieve their best.

A big thank you from players, is something valuable yes, but also is the decision to continue and be a part of this endeavor of yours, as a player who buys something new, developed by you, either it is a DLC or version 2 or anything else you plan to publish. I, as a player, just hope to have the time to spend playing it and of course continue to contribute in any way I can. I only wish I was a part of you guys, because I see you are a team that I would love to be with.

11. TwitchyJ

TwitchyJ Commander

Since this is causing more uproar on the Steam discussions, perhaps you would clarify this more?

Are you implying that ONLY the paid DLC will get melee combat?
    Not speaking of specific weapons here, but the actual melee game mechanic.
    Is the standard game mechanic itself locked behind DLC?

I can understand that clarifying this might upset people, but is it not better to get it over with rather than hold off and catch people off guard?

stanley bourdon likes this.
  12. Taelyn

• Developer
    • Administrator
    In the future we might consider adding parts to the Default Random Scenario.
    For now we keep it in the DLC

13. LyfeForse

LyfeForse Lieutenant

1. Will the melee have a block mechanic? Such as a parry or usable shield?
    2. Is melee one handed or two handed? or a choice of both?
    3. is there a dual wield option, or option to wield a secondary weapon in offhand, such as a pistol etc?
    4. Is there some sort of system in place to make melee a viable option, such as personal shields, forcefields, or something to protect/mitigate against creature debuffs and status effects?

14. sulusdacor

sulusdacor Captain

since we are on that topic, will there be a melee sneak and/or backstab mechanic?

15. Soulvirus27

Soulvirus27 Ensign

Quick question...is the dark faction dlc a separate thing from the 1.11 update??

16. Pembroke

Pembroke Commander

This might be a dumb question but just to be sure: The FAQ said that you can't join a server set up with the DLC if you don't own the DLC yourself. That is clear and indeed quite logical. How about the other way round? If you own the DLC, can you join a vanilla server? My logic says that surely you must be able to do so. Owning the DLC can't limit your options, right?

17. Soulvirus27

Soulvirus27 Ensign

What can we expect in terms of content from dark faction? Is it a scenario like project eden/reforged eden, star salvage, lost mia? Can we expect content on that scale?

18. Taelyn

• Developer
    • Administrator
    1.11 is the DLC. We will set the base game to v1.11 as well and have some additions aswell. But mostly its the DLC

Yes you can still join a Vanilla Server when you own the DLC

the DLC is a Custom Scenario yes

19. LyfeForse

LyfeForse Lieutenant

Does this mean that the vanilla scenario will have the new/improved NPC models, such as the Brotherhood of Farr, and potentially new models for other factions, or will that just be in the DLC?

20. Taelyn

• Developer
    • Administrator
    The Content in the Vanilla Game we will keep updating. What is specfic for the DLC will only be in the DLC

Myrmidon likes this.