Speed Run Competition (You can try it too!)

Discussion in 'Media - Screenshots, Videos, Streams!' started by LiftPizzas, Jan 15, 2017.

1. samasia_irl

samasia_irl Ensign

Tried it a some days ago my self after the livestream with Hal as promised in the Chat ( Markus ). First run was with your seed but after around 3 hours the World bugged totally out and now everytime i start a world with this seed its the same :(

So i did a run with a random seed, was happy to beaten your time and then you come with a new run :D

My try with Random seed: 4 hours 48 minutes 17 seconds, but i wasted a lot of time as i can see now!

Used/prepared Ships:
    HV - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=847906737
    Mining HV - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=847432078
    SV - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=847432738
    CV - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=847432269

Will try another one next week and see if the 2 hours 15 minutes are beatable.....thats a hard time tough

Altough my time is pretty bad, it was incredible fun, we should do more like that :) Thanks for putting it up!

LiftPizzas likes this.
  2. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

Cool, I look forward to seeing it. :)

3. Dilli

Dilli Lieutenant

Scratch that, damn base blew me out of the sky on approach, and my backpack vanished....

Me tonight.....

4. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

Ouch! You're still posting the video, right? :)

5. Dilli

Dilli Lieutenant

Sorry Lift, I dumped the recordings, after all the first post says post your results if successful.

I am however partway through another attempt, running at about the same time, although this time round I have already collected all the pentaxid I need, just have to process it.

Whatever the outcome, I'll be posting the video if you are that interested in it.

6. kingbillyIII

kingbillyIII Ensign

Another attempt this time I recorded it ( First time go easy on me guys ) love these challenges keeps it fresh.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 3 videos [​IMG]Play all

LiftPizzas likes this.
  7. Dilli

Dilli Lieutenant

So, I've just finished the latest speed run. My final time was 1h:47m:49s. I managed to beat Lift quite nicely, but it seems Kingbilly3 has already surpassed my time at 1h:36m:08s.

As promised, here's a link the the playlist. Part 3 is just uploading, if you watch the first two, it should be ready by then. Sucky broadband upload speeds permitting.

kingbillyIII likes this.
  8. Dilli

Dilli Lieutenant

Did another run this morning. After rewatching my footage on the last run I thought I could chop my time down to under 90 minutes, and the end result of the run was 1h:27m:29s.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    LiftPizzas and samasia_irl like this.
  9. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

Dude!

Well played. That 4 minutes and 52 seconds to build the CV had to be excruciating, LOL. Too bad there was no voice. :) I think you could shave 15 or maybe even 20 minutes off this. Making a few extra constructors to whip out those pentaxid would have saved a significant amount of time too.

10. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

Still catching up but I plan to try this weekend and see if I can watch this one. :)

11. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

This was truly impressive! Very well done. :)

I kept yelling at my screen, "Y U NO USE DRONE!!!" LOL

I think you might have been able to chop some more time off. There was some "flying around looking" time that seemed like it was taking too long. I dunno, that trip to the moon always seems like it should be really quick and then ends up taking forever.

I'm wondering what's the best way to deal with processing that pentaxid, we all seem to be just sitting around at that point. (And the sathium/neodymium is a bit of a slowdown too.)

12. Mikemc

Mikemc Commander

So you are accepting Blueprints during the run?
    @Dill: Why do you waste your time building a fuel tank when you can dismantle them with the MultiTool?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  13. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

Yes, I think everyone used blueprints. It's part of the game mechanics, even added intentionally, so it's fair to use it. :)