The Ship Sharing Thread

Discussion in 'Media - Screenshots, Videos, Streams!' started by WolfAmaril, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Furian

Furian Captain

poor old Gargoyle (who is the best looking one of the two before the shootout)

That Ogre really don't look like your kind of design slam :O

Tyrax Lightning and Slam Jones like this.
  2. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Heh true story, the Ogre is a big n ugly sorta thing. Not my usual type to be sure. However it is very sturdy compared to my usual ones :p

Tyrax Lightning and Furian like this.
  3. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

My Existence might be making for a bad influence on Slam. :p

Furian likes this.
  4. Furian

Furian Captain

I thought so, baaaad ty!

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  5. Tyrax Lightning

First 4.0.0 HV Hover War Tank done!

Front View:
    [​IMG]

Nothin like 10 Harvesters to highlight the beauty of Overkill. Also useful so they cut a wide enough swath through Foilage to let the entire width of the Tank pass through Trees. :D

Right Side View:
    [​IMG]
    Slam thinks having all those Thrusters bunched together like that looks ugly & should be avoided, but dammit that costs too many extra Blocks thus Weight if ya do that, bunching the Thrusters like that really is more efficient.

Rear View:
    [​IMG]
    Not shown: A new Mad Empyrion Science Experiment for Inner HV Storage of Internals, including but not limited to Fuel Tanks, Oxygen, & such.

Left Side View:
    [​IMG]
    Alas, the current Max Weapon Type Limits are kinda annoying... Glad they're temporary & will hopefully get less strict later on.

Top View:
    [​IMG]
    THIS is what makes this dude a weird one... he's a big Square! :p

Bottom View:
    [​IMG]
    It's hard to get a good look at a HV's bottom. :/

Stats Screen:
    [​IMG]
    Fun Fact: The Version of this Screenie that went to my Steam Screenie Library on my Steam profile captured this just fine, but the copy that was taken at the same time that sits in the Empyrion Game Files Screenshot Folder showed screwed up gobbledegook + no Stats Screen itself. I wonder if this is what @Keith Hovey was talking about in past Posts...? Guess Screenies from my Steam Profile Screenie Library is the way to go for Creation Display after all.

Factory Spawn Resource Cost:
    [​IMG]
    This one is similar except the one in my Empyrion Screenshots Folder wasn't gobbledegook & looked ok but was missing its BP Library Window Interface in it. Also I tried to Upload these Screenies from my Empyrion Screenshots Folder to the Workshop Listing for this Hover War Tank & Steam whined the Screenies were too big a MB Size. Lame. :rolleyes:

Nookriot, Slam Jones and Furian like this.
  6. Furian

Furian Captain

I feel ya on the overkill part :p

7. Tyrax Lightning

My slowest & heaviest SV Build ever (As of the time of this Post) is complete! I have no clue if she'll even be any good in Combat...

Front View:
    [​IMG]

Right Side View:
    [​IMG]

Rear View:
    [​IMG]

Left Side View:
    [​IMG]

Top View:
    [​IMG]

Bottom View:
    [​IMG]

Stats Screen:
    [​IMG]
    My apologies if this Creations's Mass Amount &/or number of RCSs made ya spew food &/or drink all over your Monitor in shock... especially cause I can't cover a replacement Monitor for ya. :p

[​IMG]
    Is that a hefty chunk of change for a SV, or is that a hefty chunk of change for a SV? :p

Nookriot, Kieve and Slam Jones like this.
  8. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

Introducing another battle-oriented HV: the SlamTek Grimlock. Inspired by... well I'm not really sure honestly. A combination of things I suppose.

[​IMG]

Equipped with the best turrets one can currently put on an HV, and swathed in Hardened Steel for protection against your foes.

[​IMG]

The large 'horns' mounted to the front of the HV will allow you to push other small HVs out of the way, or even catch and push them with driver still inside.

[​IMG]

The interior features plenty of passenger seats so that every turret can be manned, as well as all the amenities one would expect from a BattleTank.

[​IMG]

Despite it's size, it still maintains good agility and acceleration, which can potentially catch your foes off-guard. Plus, the open-cockpit design provides protection for the driver, without having to compromise too much on visibility.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Workshop link here:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=787396528

------------

9. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

Tyrax, I think there's something inherently wrong with you. :D

Hive and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  10. Tyrax Lightning

I already know, it's called Asperger. Though I also enjoy dabbling in Mad (Insert name of game i'm playing at the time here) Science. I can really like Experimenting. :)

Speaking of which, i'm working on a backup SV Design Mad Empyrion Science Experiment as a Plan B in case the Giant Killer proves an unfeasible Design... which is a very real possibility. One bugger to Experimentation is that not all Experiments succeed.

Edit: New SV is done!

Front View:
    [​IMG]

Right Side View:
    [​IMG]

Rear View:
    [​IMG]

Left Side View:
    [​IMG]

Top View:
    [​IMG]

Bottom View:
    [​IMG]

Stats Screen:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    Slam Jones likes this.
  11. Slam Jones

Slam Jones Rear Admiral

And now, here is a less ridiculous HV: the SlamTek Spectre.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=788388152

While being similar in size to the Grimlock, the Spectre handles considerably better, and has a distinct lack of noodly appendages.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The entire vessel is made from Hardened Steel (and Armored Windows) to help it withstand the rigors of battle.

12. Adonis

Adonis Ensign

Submarine X-1

upload_2016-11-3_9-15-17.png

upload_2016-11-3_9-15-46.png

Texmaster, Mikemc, Nookriot and 4 others like this.
  13. Neonin

Neonin Captain

For when you absolutely, positively, have to kill every last mother****** in the skies...

comingsoon.png

Coming soon... :p

14. Tyrax Lightning

What is the Radar Dish for, Auto-Broadcasting Unreal Tournament style Auto-Taunts after each kill? :p

With that said, Might is Right! :D

Nookriot and Neonin like this.
  15. Neonin

Neonin Captain

WICKED SICK!!! ;)

16. Neonin

Neonin Captain

So I'd planned to play around a bit on the MP server I've been experimenting on, but I realised if I wanted to leave the starting system I was going to need a warp-capable CV. I've never actually designed one before... I wanted something pretty cheap but still have the basics on it (constructor, oxygen, medical, food processor, fridge, cargo boxes) so I decided to eschew weapons in favour of an SV that attaches to the top and came up with this:

smallCV.png

Haven't finished with the painting and texturing just yet but she flies, she works in atmo, she can land, and you can get on her from the ground without a jetpack thanks to the ramps. Kinda pleased with the design actually, I had to remove some of the RCS because she was more agile than my SVs! In fact if I make a couple of adjustments to the thrusters she'd fulfil the criteria for that limited build topic, hmm... :p

17. Timothy Smith

Timothy Smith Lieutenant

I've got to get me one of these, maybe two!

18. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Here's couple of my smaller ships so far.

[​IMG]

My first ship in Empyrion, Rapier Mk.II hover bike. Mk.I didn't have side thrusters, handling was bit difficult :D Cheap and easy to make starting vehicle for scouting. Miner in the background.

[​IMG]

When I needed something with bit more carrying capacity and space capabilities, Trident was born. Light weight short range exploration vehicle. Or something like that. Left pod is for cockpit and vital systems including oxygen. Center pod is for main thrusters, fuel, generators. On the right, all the additional stuff - constructor and storage.

(Yet unnamed Light Assault Tank in the foreground, almost done, still needing a paintjob).

[​IMG]

I like to have manual access to all the ship systems (including fuel tanks etc.) . Shutter doors works nicely hiding the equipment still allowing easy access . Not the most combat resilient I know, but important stuff are still relatively safe in the inside part of the ship.

Mikemc, Kieve, MacAtOdds and 2 others like this.
  19. Tyrax Lightning

Been awhile since my last Contribution to this Thread. This is now Rectified. :)

Front View:
    [​IMG]
    It really is a shame we were limited to 6 Drills... & only Gatling Guns for Manual Fire HV Weapons.

Right Side View:
    [​IMG]
    Homers for PvP Defense. :) (Especially the 2 rear ones for anyone thinking of Assailing my HV's literal Butt while my HV's front is chewing Ore.)

Rear View:
    [​IMG]
    The aforementioned Butt. :p

Left Side View:
    [​IMG]
    & yes, I know it's a tad forward heavy & scoots forward very very slowly. I decided that it wasn't a big enough deal to care about & decided not to bother doing anything about it. :rolleyes:

Top View:
    [​IMG]
    Mad Empyrion Science Experiment to see if this made the Top of the HV not boring to look at without making everyone wonder if I was going Insane.

Bottom View:
    [​IMG]
    I decided that this HV was heavy enough to go T2 for the Hover Engines.

& sorry, no Workshop Link cause this dude's stayin with me & serving me personally. :p (Plus to keep the Insides Classified.)

20. Nookriot

Nookriot Ensign