What is MAX distances?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by Sugada, Jul 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Sugada

Sugada Ensign

Has anyone already posted MAX distances when placing planets or moons in orbits?

1. How far out can you place a planet or Moon in an orbit?
    I have been experimenting with this and it seems you can place further than an Admin can teleport to.
    It seems as though an admin can only teleport 107km within a orbit and no further.
    How far out can place an moon/planet in an orbit? I placed a moon 125km out and I was able to travel there taking about 40 real time minuets to get there. What is max?

2. How far out can you go before you start getting the "You need a warp drive to travel to a location outside your sector?
    I'm still testing this distance before you get this warning, but once you do, it will repeat every 60 secs even if your not moving.

Side note: It seems by removing Ore deposits on a moon and only allow meteorites, no meteorites or POI's will spawn on that moon. Has anyone else find this to be true or is it something I did incorrectly in the yaml?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  2. barkel

barkel Ensign

Dear Sugada,

I have only experimented with this issue in version 5.x, so I am not sure to what extend I can provide useful information. It seemed to me that placing any moon or planet outside of the 8000 coordinate-range would cause the game not to start, so this seemed to be a limitation. I have also never read a clear statement what the limits are but I agree this would be a useful information.

Have not tested the game limits with regards to the other issues, sorry.

Best, barkel

3. Sny

Sny Lieutenant

I've had the same experience regarding meteors on a planet without fixed deposits. The solution was to create an iron deposit of {0,0} and the random meteors start to work then.

Of course then you have a new problem... too many meteors... which we seem to have no control over.