What is the LEAST FUN single-task action in the game right now?

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Eclypseon

Eclypseon Lieutenant

Pentaxid Asteroid?!?! Mind. Blown. o_O

rainyday and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  2. Oragepoilu

Oragepoilu Ensign

@Wraithcat
    You can do Ctrl-left click to add 100 instead of Shift-left click for 10.

3. Kogami

Kogami Lieutenant

Salvaging and Texturing tools could have and AOE option added to it, to effect the blocks next to it as well, painting/texturing and salving 9 times faster sounds amazing.

Hal Ramersby and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  4. amurayiwestgate

amurayiwestgate Captain

• Developer
    Least uninteresting feature:
    For me it's WAITING for my faction friend to close the constructor/cargo box/kitchen so I can look into into the content at the same time.

I understand that only one person should be able to mess with it. But at least I'd like to peek inside the containers as well simultaneously.

Narfle, Tyrax Lightning and rainyday like this.
  5. Sokuaisushi

Sokuaisushi Lieutenant

Texturing/Coloring anything of decent size, or with devices in the way of blocks needing to be textured/colored.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  6. Pyston

Pyston Captain

Hummel, I finally figured out what annoys me more than anything.

Pushing 'W' to move forward in a vehicle and hitting 'M' to check the map for my position only to have the vehicle slow down. This annoys the heck out of me more than anything.

So, I am not sure if this qualifies as a task. But checking the map while piloting a moving vehicle and having the vehicle slow down is not very fun at all.

I prefer the map does not slow the vehicle.

7. Irvash

Irvash Lieutenant

What is top boring thing to me ? Lacking content in regards to random events will it not be interesting if you walk from point a to point b then you see drone fall from sky you loot sed drone and you find holotape (or note book) with says go there collect x item and bring it back to x location and from reading sed drone you "find" were enemy pois are little things like this makes game to feel more alive

ion_storm likes this.
  8. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

Put your front thrusters in a group, turn them off and you will not slow down so fast...

9. Totally not Kyle

Totally not Kyle Lieutenant

By far the least fun task I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing is finding half my 20k block build is off centre and having to rebuild it...

10. Guru

Guru Captain

Most annoying thing to me? Spending a couple of long weeks building a new battle CV design, getting into a single battle and then having to complete trash the ship because there isn't a "repair by blueprint" feature yet.
    It is BEYOND annoying that lag shots damage things internally that you absolutely can't get to and fix without tearing parts of your ship out.

**EDIT**
    second most annoying, that same damaged ship can't be salvaged easily. Salvaging block by frustrating block is high up on my list as well.

baddkarma74 and Narfle like this.
  11. Ranger

Ranger Rear Admiral

I agree with what @Guru said, particularly in regards to repair. I spent 2 hours last night trying to find an o2 leak caused by a battle. Please give us the ability to scan a 100% vessel and the later repair to that scan.

On another note, repairing armor. We have to open the locker, remove the armor, close the locker, open the repair station, put the armor in, take the armor out, close the repair station, open the locker, put the armor back on, close the locker.

I'd rather spend the night in a room full of mosquitoes than repair my armor.

Please either add a repair function to the locker, or allow armor to be removed and put back on at the repair station.

12. Ranger

Ranger Rear Admiral

+1. Would b great if we could control W and remain on auto walk or auto forward. I say walk, because I think there should be some give and take. We should move forward at 66% top speed in a vehicle, or walking speed on foot.

13. Narfle

Narfle Ensign

Please remember that it is possible to simulate such effects in many ways. A keyboard with built-in macro keys for the not-tech-savvy, AutoHotKey (or similar) for the more savvy or, for the most super-savvy of us all, the magical trick i did when i was 12: Jam the key down with an object (we used the strips from ½L cola bottles caps to squish between the key and the keyboard :p).

So i think that if this is fully incorporated in the game, it should just be on full, since it is already available on full.

My Vote: Repair By Blueprint, like mentioned before. That feature is-a-must-have! (alongside being able to generate BP in survival).

14. Gromit

Gromit Captain

Forgetting to turn on the survival constructor and explaining to new players that you need to turn it on.

Really don't know why you don't just have this one on by default.

Syncretos likes this.
  15. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

Ok, so I have a confession to make. I am an old board gamer, and we use large tweezers to pick up stacks of counters. I use those tweezers to hold the 10 key pad 'enter' for mining (especially meteorites), or the 10 key '.' for walking. It saves my poor middle finger.

rainyday and Hal Ramersby like this.
  16. medicineman

medicineman Captain

HOVERMINING!!!!!!!!!!!

It's just terrible. Gets worse every time I try to do it.

Yama, baddkarma74 and Trendane like this.
  17. Trendane

Trendane Lieutenant

I'm inclined to agree with this. We were trying to teach a friend who recently started playing how to hovermine and it was incredibly cumbersome.

baddkarma74 likes this.
  18. Ganelon

Ganelon Commander

Reloading with 'R' when out of ammo. It is pretty much standard in all other games to autoreload with the firing button when you run out of ammo. Having to leaving the firing state to click into 'R' during hand weapon combat is a needless distraction. Note that the vessels autoreload with triggering on empty. Smalls arms should as well. The disadvantage of running out of ammo should be in the reload time, not the action refocus.

19. Nytmaster

Nytmaster Lieutenant

I agree with mirror, even in building so you do not have keep moving side to side or top or bottom make sure everything looks correct also with textures. Feature to turn off and on ..

20. baddkarma74

baddkarma74 Lieutenant