What is the LEAST FUN single-task action in the game right now?

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Jan 26, 2017.

1. GTv

GTv Rear Admiral

Learn to avoid enemy fire.

2. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

I can respect that, it can be a pain to repair a large ship after a good hammering.

Though I do enjoy using a small ship and replacing the odd block here and there after combat situations.
    Kinda makes me feel like im taking care of my own car XD
    I tend to fly my own builds so putting them back together is not so much a problem and rather enjoyable. watching the jigsaw come together haha

ion_storm likes this.
  3. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

The backup feature. Not sure it is mentioned but there should be a shortcut to create a save game backup instead of pressing ESC and then clicking on Create Backup icon. It is very tedious during fights or between them while conquering POIs.

Along with the long time it takes to create one I think it is something it needs to be altered some time. I am playing a modified Sectors and Playfields version with 50 planets. I have visit all the vanila plus around 10 of the extra planets and the save folder gets big like 400-600MB.This leads to a duraiton of 4-5 minutes to make a copy or backup. It is not an issue if one plays vanilla Sectors etc but as the developers add more planets in the game I think there will be a point at which the problem will occur for all the players. That only if things with the save feature is left as it is.

Kassonnade likes this.
  4. Pyston

Pyston Captain

True, very true...but then I can't fire the 7 forward mounted guns that require ship positioning while turning. Kinda ruins the ability to precisely use the forward mounted guns.

5. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Which is why a system in which the turning torque is proportional to the displacement of the cursor from the center of the screen would be much nicer; there would be a static reticule for fixed weapons at the center, while the actual cursor would move around to do turning. This would give the ability to precisely aim fixed weapons.

Desus likes this.
  6. Flash Hendricks

Flash Hendricks Captain

Having to switch off the constructor to cancel a production run in progress. E.g half way through a 1,000 concrete blocks and you realise you're out of ammo: switch off constructor, multiple clicks to clear blocks, more clicks to add ammo, many more clicks to re-add blocks, click to restart constructor. Then, oh dear, I also need O2 bottles... please add an option to simply reorder the production queue, or at least to promote something to first in line without having to delete and re-create the whole queue. Thanks.

7. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

This would be wonderful!

Also, having the shoulder light keep its last state when exiting a ship would be really useful. Fumbling for L in the dark when everything is trying to kill you isn't so fun. . . .

8. Slimer

Slimer Lieutenant

Having to place my Repair Block on the lower levels so it can repair my HV's while my SV's are on the upper hangars and need to be brought downstairs for repairs (talking for multi-hangars in different levels on BA / CV's of course)....what that means i have to move that Repair block somewhere that both crafts cab use it....bit annoying when i dont want my vessels to be mixed or have a complete different compartment made as Repair Bay
    Cant we have two Repair Blocks instead? Or at least one to repair each type of vessels (one for SV and one for HV)?

9. Wildsauce

Wildsauce Ensign

gathering blue crystals its that one thing that has to be done but i never want to do it

tehmashby and Flash Hendricks like this.
  10. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Use autominer.

11. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Stupid slow, terrain bouncing T2 drill, with afubar levelling and clearing speeds......

Kogami likes this.
  12. Flash Hendricks

Flash Hendricks Captain

I don't think you can, because blue crystals (pentaxid) are "picked" like food (using the F key) not mined. Unless you find the Pentaxid asteroid; which I haven't yet, so I don't know if it can be automobiles.

13. Flash Hendricks

Flash Hendricks Captain

Automined (sorry, it got autocorrected before I realised...)

Myrmidon likes this.
  14. Erathsmador

Erathsmador Ensign

I would have to say the things associated with decent base placement. First and foremost the excruciatingly slow task of leveling ground, particularly when you want a large base. There definitely needs to be something faster, or at the least an automated system. Something that I could set up beacons for size and depth, and have a machine do the work over a certain amount of predetermined time for a specific area. And secondly, it would make it better if I could see a ghosted image of what I'm placing, rather than a big box.

Slimer likes this.
  15. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Right. I didn't read it well. Yes crystals of pentaxid can't be automined.

16. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Rear Admiral

There's an option on blueprints to set depth and have it flatten ground. It doesn't seem to work very well though.

17. Phoenyx333

Phoenyx333 Lieutenant

Nevermind me, I didn't look far enough ahead to see it was answered already.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  18. Phoenyx333

Phoenyx333 Lieutenant

Hmmm, least fun? Sitting around (pardon, standing) waiting for the sun to come up and chase the spiders and insects away so I can do some work. A suggestion... a sleep button or whatever to get to sunrise without twiddling my fingers or finding something in RL to do till the sun comes up.

19. borealis

borealis Ensign

Hello, for me repairing a damaged cv, it is was prevent me from any pvp action otherwise i will be all day in pvp :)
    once there is a repair to blueprint it will be a perfect game.

geostar1024 likes this.
  20. Wildsauce

Wildsauce Ensign

simple solution to this is to put minigun turrets on your cv and land it close to wherever you're working and your cv will do the rest lol