What is the LEAST FUN single-task action in the game right now?

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Jan 26, 2017.

1. The Notorious Teabagger

The Notorious Teabagger Lieutenant

The least fun thing for me is having to land my CV to get my HV onto a planet. Why can't I use my SV to do it? Hell, just let me put an up-side-down docking pad on top of my HV and let it stick to the SV. Nothing fancy.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    Tyrax Lightning and rucky like this.
  2. dfxdeimos

dfxdeimos Ensign

Least fun for me would be constantly canceling and requeuing items when I need to change order. Being able to drag and drop construction queue would be great.

I would also suggest "reserving" the materials for construction once an item is queued so they don't appear in the inventory (unless cancelled) so you can't accidentally remove them thereby canceling construction.

3. EightyEighty

EightyEighty Lieutenant

Perhaps it's been said before, but the least fun thing for me is the tedium of transferring stuff from one place to another.

I arrive at my base with my HV full of loot. Several containers full of ore, power packs, and miscellany. A constructor full of construction stuff. Several refrigerators full of rare, looted herbs and spices. Cool. Hail the conquering hero.

Except now, the conquering hero has to run back and forth from the HV to the base constructors. Then from the HV to the refrigerated storage. Then from the HV to the base containers, several times. And if the HV is parked outside, I can't even take my helmet off until I'm done.

Later, I plan on clearing out my base, throwing everything into a CV, and moving on to another planet. Designing the CV is a significant task, even for a guy who's designs follow the "flying brick" school of engineering. Gathering the necessary materials is a big task. Constructing all the myriad blocks and components is a big task. Building the CV is a big task. But that's all fun! The only thing I'm loathe to anticipate at this point is running back and forth between my base and my CV, back and forth, back and forth, with all of my stuff.

Give me conveyors and connectors. Give me a little docking station block (with internal storage and a toggle for source/destination) and a drone to fly back and forth for me. Give me a BA matter-transference beam and a CV receiver. Let me subjugate the natives, or press gang a crew of slave-raptors. Gimme a trebuchet and a big net. Something.

4. James Grayson

James Grayson Lieutenant

Making changes to large and complex builds can be painful. A way to remove blocks in mass in creative mode be a huge boon. Something similar to the mechanic of filling a line, square or cube with blocks by holding control would be super useful. Also, something like the symmetry line that removes all blocks on one side of it would be a lifesaver too.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  5. Erathsmador

Erathsmador Ensign

No it doesn't, messed with it a bit and tried some, and it seems to leave a single block space between the base and the ground. I have had chunks of base crumble while trying to add blocks to fill that space

6. Ravis

Ravis Captain

Flipping glass over to the correct side

7. EvilDave

EvilDave Lieutenant

Multi-tooling large pois

8. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

Update: the least fun single action task is using that laggy haphazard melange of features called the P menu just to use light switches or turn engines on or turrets etc.
    In a combat or other tense situation requiring fast action, this screen is nothing but a pain, it lags to open due to there being that much features within it.. and even though it might only take a second to open or close these seconds feel like a lifetime when in a situation requiring an immediate button press.

There needs to be a sub window pop up for the switches on the control panel only.
    This little window will open the same way the N kuy build tools window opens, hold to show, release to hide.

This would be such a relief

(((and i mean little, dont be filling the screen with it, put it at the top or bottom or adjustable and make it thin, all switches 1 row, single space between each group.)))

Tyrax Lightning and Kassonnade like this.
  9. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I thought I read "more hotkeys in the options / control menu" somewhere... first coffee, sorry. I think some games just bury the player under a pile of keyboard commands, but surely adding some to this game would do the trick just right... We're far from Arma 2 here! Could be simply shift keys too...

10. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

I would be happy with shift key switches at least, thats not a problem, I just hate opening that huge laggy info filled control panel for the purpose of simple on and off commands atm.
    I am sure they intend to change this as the game is developing, just throwing it out there now that a popup window type button panel would be cool too. ^-^

Tyrax Lightning and rucky like this.
  11. Xerexs86

Xerexs86 Lieutenant

For me the least fun thing is actually playing the game. I quit a couple of weeks ago due to it's being absolutely unplayable. I am not going to play a game that I have to restart every 2 hours, it's useless. This what I am talking about:

12. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Did you use changemode?

13. cyclops

cyclops Ensign

Clearing away ground so you can build a base or especially a landing pad for your ships that is nice and flat.

This can take HOURS!!! it's horribly tedious!

Also hate having to run stacks of ammo to dozens of different ammo boxes constantly, can take hours just loading up on ammo, this is insane!

14. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I REALLY wish we could be allowed to Mount more then 6 HV Drills... :(

15. Gobarg

Gobarg Commander

The whole repair bay/ Armour clickathon. way too many steps to fix armour in paticular.

Boosters and Armour.
    As a loot item the boosters are useless after you have a couple of each type and they are henceforth just rubbish.
    Why don't you let us craft the various armours and use the looted boosters as ingredients.
    Have a Space suit, Combat suit etc so that we can at least get a use from the mountain of looted boosters.
    We can already make light armour (not that I have ever had to make any) so just add the progression through to heavy combat armours.

Seaweed/biofuel
    An absolutely necessary item early game that just disappears from use after you get to T2 drill.
    As it is, the underwater environment on a planet is almost wasted space after you have collected enough seaweed to make a few biofuel tanks.
    Adding the Prom rocks was a good idea but more can and should be done underwater imo.

Food.
    Losing food value almost as soon as you have eaten is just ridiculous imo. There should be a cooldown timer on the counter for a short period of time depending on item eaten before you start losing food values. So maybe you get a big CD for eating a complex recipe like Dino stew and a smaller one for others down to nothing for unprocessed food?

Tyrax Lightning and Exacute like this.
  16. Xerexs86

Xerexs86 Lieutenant

I believe I did use changemode when the fridge bug wiped out my food to get some of the food back.

17. Xerexs86

Xerexs86 Lieutenant

Yeah, we live in the far future, can make warp drives, but don't know a thing about medium-heavy armor. That makes total sense to me.
    Underwater is a waste, even drilling rocks, never got that to work.
    Food- how about the dying right away when you get hungry, that is way off from real life. Real life, you can last days without food.

18. Fairin Avatar

Fairin Avatar Ensign

least fun action in the whole game right now - making the motorbike go anywhere uphill. (because planets are mostly flat right?) wtb hoverbike with handwavium style propulsion or something

Tyrax Lightning and Xerexs86 like this.
  19. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

I suggest using itemmenu (or im). Changemode works in creative but I wouldn't use it in survival. It seems it created another world on top of your existing one. Creative is always seed 0 AFAIK.

20. Xerexs86

Xerexs86 Lieutenant

Ahh, and there is no way to change the seed back? Now that think about it, 2 worlds, changing a seed isn't going to do much.