What is the LEAST FUN single-task action in the game right now?

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

To be fair one can place multiples of different ores into a Furnace, then one might wanna do that first, THEN decide what order to have them processed depending on one's current Priorities. Considering that they need Power Coils to Craft, in Survival, let alone Survival MP Play, it could take quite a long time to get enough Power Coils for multiple Furnaces to gain the ability to dedicate Furnaces to different Ore Processings for each Furnace.

2. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

Yes, and would it not be greatly cool if the order of pending jobs in any constructor could be rearranged via drag and drop?

You turn on the furnace and start feeding it ore. It gets to churning, in the order in which you fed in the ore. "Oh golly!" you say to yourself in dismay. "I need copper before all that iron!" so with the deft hands of a dedicated gamer you just drag the copper to the head of the line. On the next cycle it begins to churn on copper, and you didn't have to turn it off, do 50 Ctrl+clicks ....

3. Tyrax Lightning

I would not say no to that... once it could be Coded In in a not buggy manner. :)

old_guy, Kassonnade and Ballard like this.
  4. Ballard

Ballard Rear Admiral

so picky...

Kassonnade and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  5. Tyrax Lightning

What can I say? I'm a fan of Quality. :D

Kassonnade likes this.
  6. old_guy

old_guy Captain

Three things regarding storage:
    1. How about being able to move cargo boxes as if they were on a container ship?
    I'm sure this has been posted, but after looting a POI I spend a LOT of time transferring and sorting inventory into named cargo boxes - e.g. "Ships supplies", " building materials", "farming supplies" etc. Sure would be nice to have a faster way than to: a) land my SV in my CV b) use P to open the SV inventory, c) load my suit, d) open the CV P menu, find the right box, unload the suit. Repeat until done.

2. Being able to feed constructors from cargo boxes or some type of materiel supply container.

3. Renaming cargo boxes etc in the P menu is very helpful -now if those names would show up when looking at the container that would be awesome (currently I put an LCD panel on each one)

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  7. old_guy

old_guy Captain

try the 6.5 motorbike! mo better!

8. demolish50

demolish50 Commander

Inventory management. It sucks. We need sorters, the docking ability (transfer direct ship to ship). Cargo container automatic overflow..just anything.

9. demolish50

demolish50 Commander

I'd also like to see factories require some sort of structure to be used. It's sort of an exploit now to be able to store unlimited amounts of materials and ships. On top of that you can pop them out (instantly) wherever you want without any support infrastructure.

10. MidasGunhazard

MidasGunhazard Captain

I want to change my answer: The absolute most boring thing in the game now is having several containers worth of looted junk from a base I just took over, and having to tediously separate it all and store it. It's so boring that it's actually made me seriously consider ignoring POIs I find because it's not worth the time to loot them.

I would love a deconstructor that reduces items back into a raw material form, so that at least the 90% of stuff that I sort-of-but-don't-really-need can just be turned into materials.

Or, heck, just give us the ability to actually sell stuff in trade stations so credits and markets can actually serve a purpose.

11. Tyrax Lightning

Thankfully I think this is a Band Aid Fix System till the Real System gets Coded & Implemented someday.

rucky likes this.
  12. Elsiekelsie

Elsiekelsie Ensign

I'd love it if you could ctrl click an object in a container or Inv, and it then moves all of that type over rather than clicking individual stacks

13. vxsote

vxsote Commander

Putting everything back into its place in my toolbar when picking up my backpack after I die. So annoying. Especially because I die so much. And especially when I really need to get a gun equipped ASAP to shoot the little bugger that killed me before and is chasing me yet again.

When I grab everything from a backpack, it should automatically place all things from the backpack into the slots they were in when I died and dropped the backpack (as long as the slot is still empty).

14. Jacoviz

Jacoviz Captain

Mining. Mining is the WORST thing at the moment. It is slow and annoying. The terrain muove like a mesh and All look like so heavy and Woody.

15. TRMancer

TRMancer Commander

Unloading loot after raiding a POI.

16. Triblade

Triblade Ensign

Least favorite single task..?

I guess it's moving items from A to B.

Mining or collecting stuff and then move it from container A to the furnace and back to container B is a lot of legwork and unnecessary waiting when I could be flying off to raid something.

The solution could be a conveyor system, or an 'automated move' button. If there is a button on the Constructor that items, when finished, could be automatically moved to a certain container that should do the trick. Kinda the same as wood is collected from HV harvester module and then placed in the special container.

Still - a conveyor would be sooo much more fun!

17. Jacoviz

Jacoviz Captain

Yes, like space engineer, it is so cool!!

18. SkulkLife

SkulkLife Lieutenant

I don't have problems with planet mining, we can use hover vessels or autominers. But asteroid mining takes a hour, to clear it.

19. Alatun

Alatun Commander

After death and recovering your backpack - moving all the items back to the action slots.

You should be able save a preference list for items for your actions slots. If you pickup an item and you had this item assigned to an action slot, this item should go to this action slot (if the slot is not already filled).

20. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

Having to listen to the ding & pop-up "You can not drill here. please switch to the appropriate drill mode." every few seconds while using the new T2 HV Drill.

Tyrax Lightning and Mortlath like this.