1.8 - The first 15 Minutes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IndigoWyrd, Jun 16, 2022.

1. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

As is my way, once the update finished, the first thing I did was make a new save and dive in to see how things have shaped up and...

1.8 looks GREAT. The new models and overhauled visuals are great.
    But almost nothing works - stumbled on all manner of things, including some talon farm with an NPC who doesn't spawn in, some little blurb about finding a core and some easier way of looting, that also seems to have completely vanished...

So I'll be back for 1.81 or 1.82, when things are actually functional.

But the look of things... I am completely impressed.

2. xerxes86

xerxes86 Commander

Wow, it doesn't take much to impress you, nice graphics? The fact that all (including stock BP's) blueprints are gone is huge. Also, why is no BP's a thing? Why is wiping out all BP's a function of updating?

3. Escarli

Escarli Rear Admiral

Wait, who said anything about wiping out the bp's?

4. Garaman

Garaman Captain

I did also notice that prompt about cores and an easier way to loot on the way into the Bunker (supply cache?), but when I got inside and found the core there was no prompt, and the console was just another research console. Or did I miss something?

5. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    You did not go close enough to the core possibly to trigger the message. I will increas that a bit for the next update/hotfix/whatevercomesnext

Garaman likes this.
  6. TrashMan

TrashMan Commander

All the pretty blocks and effects mean nothing to me as long as the universe still feels so empty and fake.

Until I see UHC (and Talon and other factions) fighting Zirax - troops on the ground and ship in space - the game might as well be dead to me.
    Until the guards you can place AT LEAST work like turrets - the game is dead to me
    And until weapon get a sanity and balance overhaul - the game is dead to me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see any progress and I wish the devs and this game all the best, but for me these are issues that sap nearly all enjoyment from playing.

7. EstebanLB01

EstebanLB01 Lieutenant

Does the game still has waffles and salami as food with no balance and cohesion?

8. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

It takes far more to impress me than you might think, and the level of graphical improvements was enough to warrant mentioning it.
    But with much of the questing system in a state that also warrants mentioning that many of the quests are incomplete at this point, well... it also warranted mentioning that the graphics have improved to the point of impressive.

Stood directly in front of it, as up against it as I could get. More than likely I did something out-of-sequence, as I'd more stumbled over the location than anything else. I have a habit of scouting POI's and have "broken" quite a few quests previously by getting things "out of order".

Addy and Germanicus like this.
  9. Garaman

Garaman Captain

I went back to the bunker and got up close and personal with the core. Still no trigger. Even after removing it and stepping into the space there was nothing.

On another note, if it told me to core that base I was going to be disappointed. Free fuel + O2 + fridge is way too valuable to give up when starting out.

Germanicus likes this.
  10. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Waffles now taste terrible when eaten with chicken, and salami raises your cholesterol.. how's that for balance and cohesion?
    Do they need to add nutritional information to food items for you?