[A11.5] New Galaxy Map

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Actually 2D map is not needed, since in 3D the player can move like 'god mode' is active. For me this is a very powerful feature. On the other hand some players might want to take screenshots for example and they need 2D.

One more feature is needed is , I think, a search box. This feature should provide the player with the means to search for planets by their name, resources, distance i.e. range of jump of current ship etc.

Finaly please give the players the ability to plot cources.

2. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

A big part of what I hate intensely. Too many degrees of freedom of movement. It is a map not a piece of art. I just want to quickly find and select my next destination, not be frustrated with movement controls that leave me disoriented.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  3. I noticed that when I disable orbit or warp lines in the sector map that they return every single time I open it.
    This is very annoying and would be nice if it remembered such settings.

One of my other issues is that I can't any longer view planet and orbit info from selecting them in the sector list view. I have to keep clicking back and forth and it's extremely annoying when trying to find where resources are in the universe.

Also, we desperately need an easy way to plot a course that requires multiple jumps. It's a nightmare right now in custom scenarios with above average planet counts.

stanley bourdon likes this.