A12 EXP - Teleporter System

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by Hummel-o-War, Apr 21, 2020.

1. MikeyBInOz

MikeyBInOz Ensign

Regarding the power usage/supply... in terms of a realistic startup of larger electric motors, maybe the implementation of a 'large capacitor' (say like a solar battery sized item) and behaving in a similar way to the shield build-up, where an associated capacitor takes time to charge from whatever power source is available, and when used the stored energy is massively dissipated to the teleporter when used. It then must recharge prior to next use. That way whatever electrical power generation source you have available could be throttled to within it's own tolerances therefore mitigating the possibility of overload & subsequent damage. Depending on your power generation capacity (1 x small generator, 3 x T2, etc..), your teleporter usage would be limited to the available generated capacity to recharge your large capacitor which would need to be fully charged per teleport use. ie: small generator will take longer to recharge capacitor than a large generator which would be quicker. ;)

I don't know if anything like this has been previously suggested but it makes real world sense. (to me at least lol)

ps: these are an awesome addition by the way! :D

Andrakann and Ravlain like this.
  2. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Another one...

Sorry. These should be stickied so easier to find info on top of master threads.

Germanicus likes this.
  3. Brehon

Brehon Lieutenant

I want to make sure I understand this properly:

Code:
    DeviceName@StructureName:playfieldName@SolarSystemName#Origin

Question Verification 1
    DeviceName is the device name you added to the poi's device system (and hence can rename it).
    Structure name is the actual structure name when you save it (shows in the "p" menu and can be changed.
    PlayfieldName is the actual name of the playfield and NOT the folder reference.
    SolarSystemName is exactly that the star system name.
    Origin, does this refer to the faction (ie Human:1 like it is used in the sectors yaml or just say Human by itself)

Question 2
    Can I have a space in my playfield name (just need to know if I need to shorten it as it does have a space, 2 in fact)?

I apologize if this is remedial. I have been trying to work my portal network and in my tests I keep being ported into the right space, but not the device I want (I have a teleporter, portal and 2 playerspawn pads set up (each has a uniqe name).

Thank you kindly for any assistance o/

4. Brehon

Brehon Lieutenant

In my trying to get it to work, once I appeared to have all the right into in it- it still sent me to space, but now I have this error:

I figured the error for the error message so that part is resolved. I saved the Station the portal was on with its shields up.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    Kassonnade likes this.
  5. Brehon

Brehon Lieutenant

I still cannot get the portal to goto the portal on the station in space, I am using the following command (worked in creative on same planet).

Step One:
    I entered the following into the portal after setting myself to godmode (it has worked with godmode and godmode inv).

Code:
    DeviceName@BaseName:Playfied
    Result: Teleported properly on creative.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Step Two:
    Attempted on Scenario exact same address and name convention

Result: Teleported me to right playfied, but not to the portal on the base.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Step Three:
    I then used the following command:

Code:
    DeviceName@BaseName:Playfield@StarSystemName
    Result: Teleported me to the right playfield, but not to the portal on the base.

Can anyone help me out here? BTW in settings the portal is set to go 350 ly

6. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I'm trying things on my side here. It's a bit fiddly, I'm brand new to this.

Brehon likes this.
  7. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Found this :

https://empyriononline.com/threads/walkthrough-building-a-portal-to-an-instance.11941/

I just finished reading the thread here, and I don't have a scenario ready to test this. Tell me if that long explanation from ECubed helped you in any way, so maybe I'll bookmark it for future reference.

A bit more info here :
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/help-to-set-up-a-portal-please.11791/

Also, keep in mind this note from @Vermillion in post #24:
    "Portals are used for instance teleporting afaik. Missions and stuff with time limits and special circumstances, etc..."

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  8. Brehon

Brehon Lieutenant

Yup, I have read both of those. Unfortunately I am following their steps, plus the most recent ones I have found *as showns above* I have set is accordingly (I found Block == DeviceName).

So frustrated lol.