A6.0 Feedback: SIGNAL, TRIGGERS & SIGNAL LOGIC

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

There is latch reset functionality listed, but I haven't fiddled with it to get it to work yet.

2. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

RS Latches don't work well with levers. The day we get actual buttons that send a single (1) pulse they will become a lot more useful.

If you use a lever to activate a RS latch you have to activate AND deactivate it again to get the right effect. If you just activate the lever it continues sending a Set or Reset signal until it is deactivated again. This interferes with the RS latch since you can't Set it if it is still getting a Reset signal, and vica-versa.

Currently the best option for using RS latches is motion sensors or light sensors, and you need 2 of them separated to set up a robust system.

The example below is designed for SP: Entering either bridge will turn engines on, exiting the bridge will turn engines off. This behaviour can also be disabled via an activation lever, so if you want to enter the bridge without engines turning on that is possible with the flick of a lever.
    Screenshot_86.jpg
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1274952983

3. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

We have Buttons that have a single impulse per press.... they are just 2x2 meters in size and Hard to see :D (pressure plates)

I Get where you are coming from and I understand these things well enough to use them even if my terminology is not S.A.T.

I DO know how to Cat boss. 5 years of building redstone traps in MC gave me my chops.

4. Theurgist

Theurgist Captain

The worst part about trying to explain logic systems in EGS is using terminology that everyone understands.

I've done my time in Minecraft too, but I was dealing with Computercraft in modded MC, which is far easier, at least for me. With pure logic (0, 1) only, things seem to get confusing far faster than with actual Variables that can contain boolean, text, numbers or even tables.

Hicks42 likes this.
  5. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

Because you lose the forest (what you are trying to accomplish) for the Trees (The Building blocks) more easily when the "language" is so very Primal. And really there is nothing LESS refined than on and off states. Boolean is more Intuitive.... I didn't say is wasn't Arcane, in its own manner, just easier to understand than circuiting in binary... Hell if I try to explain a Mono-stable circuit to someone MY eyes Glaze over.

Theurgist likes this.
  6. Atola

Atola Commander

I can't believe its been 8 months since I posted this feedback and we still can't really take control of the automation of doors of any type.
    If this really simple request ever gets implemented please also stop the open and close event propagating to an adjacent door.

7. Arrclyde

Arrclyde Rear Admiral

To who? I still try to figure out how it works and i only want simple things to work. It might be intuitive for people that are into that sort of things. To all the other people it is as intuitive as describing the function of a nuclear reactor by using sanskrit. I would bet that more people prefer the "primal method" over the one with more variables.

with my HV i needed to set two levers, one to expand three shutters and one to retract three other ramps (act as doors). Maybe a simple tooltip for each function could help just to know what the heck that XOR is actually doing.

8. Atola

Atola Commander

I don't think the "circuitry" is intuitive to anyone. The circuits don't act like the real thing in a few different ways (event driven, no feedback allowed) so it limits everything you can do... while being misleading it what it actually does.