A9 - NPC Factions: New Companion Missions

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

The Chief is about 1.5times your size, therefore pretty easy to spot;):D.

2. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I guess I did not look hard enough, there were 4 settlements nearby.
    I found the chiefs, but I could not find a trader.
    I was playing on seed 226197048

*edit*
    Found him, and I have a concussion from the facepalm.

Pach and Germanicus like this.
  3. MidasGunhazard

MidasGunhazard Captain

How do you interact with NPCs? I'm at the talon village and have a mission that involves talking to the chief, but when I approach him, pressing F does nothing.

edit: Also, it might be a good idea to place hostile objectives AWAY from nearby villages. I was doing the mission to fight the spiders near the tower, and the tower is surrounded in villages. One stray shotgun pellet and now I'm back to neutral again with the Talon.

Also, the passive reputation change doesn't seem to work. I accidentally pissed off Polaris a few hours ago, and I've been away from their territory for a long time now with no change in reputation.

Is there a console command for reputation so I can fix this and continue the missions without hours of hunting spiders?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  4. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    There should be a YELLOW marker which resolves the task if you are closer than 4m. Did you see that? Is there possibly still a marker on your HUD at another place?)

This currently takes 5 REALTIME minutes. Are you playing SP or MP?

yes: Open console >

faction rep local Pol 18001 > will put you back to Friendly for Polaris

5. TmikeS3

TmikeS3 Commander

@Neal nope I am not the one who said "it annoys every body" I said it annoys you and some... and pointed out others like me am not annoyed I even went so fare as the quota your post if you think I am lying go back and check. if you call me a liar again I will block you as you have nothing of value to add being a honor less swine (not trying to be insulting but my good word is all I have and will not have it challenged with out evidence) and if you read my statement it was "some like you are annoyed" (or words to that effect) some like me are not (or words to that effect) how is that speaking for ever one when a statement like you made "annoys everybody" is not speaking for ever one. I am acknoagling the fact that some like it and some don't. and consistently argue that some aspsacts should not be forst on ever one it should be an option like any other difficulty option maybe with deferent options, or just an on off.. I think you should be able to play the way you want to play...

6. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

That was just a generalization, i did not expect to stand trial for every little word i write. I was just assuming you understand what i mean, but that's obviously too much to ask for.

And btw. i did not call you anything, nor a lia or anything else.
    (Calling me "honorless swine" made me giggle, sorry.)

Seriously, come on man, we're just discussing stuff here. There's no need to get agressive towards other ppl. so can you please stop with those personal hostilities against me and stay on topic please?

7. MidasGunhazard

MidasGunhazard Captain

I saw no yellow marker. Any time I had an objective related to talking to the chief, several markers would show up in the town area (like 3), which as far as I can tell were other chiefs, but they were always green markers and nothing triggered when I got close to them.

I figured out what the problem was. I misread that it only triggers while hostile. Polaris was only unfriendly.

Thanks, that will help. I assume the codes for Talon and Zirax are Tal and Zrx?

8. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Yes, will work the same for any faction!
    I am still waiting for a mission-Modifikator where I can suppress certain Rp-effects while running missions for that faction (so stray bullets or friendly fire do not affect you)

@chiefs: hm..this should not happen. Do you think you can zip me the savegame or at least send me an screenshot?

9. MidasGunhazard

MidasGunhazard Captain

Unfortunately I completed the quests using the method of just clicking the objectives in the PDA. Next time I do more talon quests, if the issue persists, I'll get you a save file.

10. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Just a thought, move "Personal Logfile" out of UCH Story Chapter One and put it into Robinson Protocol Survival.

11. Andreykl

Andreykl Commander

The thing is 'abandoned' and supposedly non-functional when player arrives, so it shouldn't be capable of warning own faction. It probably should have been some kind of "Derelict" faction...

12. Alatun

Alatun Commander

Just doing the 1st Talon quest sequence in SP. 1st step is find Talon monument. When you are there the 2nd step is "find answers" (hail to the chief). There are 3 Talon settlement next to the monument. I search the chief in every of the 3 settlements, but the quest does not complete. There is NO marker on the map.

I made a screenshot standing in front of the chief.

[​IMG]

Any advice, how to continue the quest? Or is it still bugged?

This is a save of this game: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r4dBAFIhakeDEFhR8bsIJ1C6-ohGO12z/view?usp=sharing

(before accepting the quest)

Pach likes this.
  13. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

@MidasGunhazard
    @Hummel-o-War
    @Alatun

I had the same problem with the Chieftains. I am also uploading a share file, where I was near the Settlements, and having the issue (before I did the additional testing below).

Additional information:

I tried getting reputation to Friendly by killing predators, thinking it may not show because of rep level (I was neutral when I started the quest). This had no impact. I had to manually advance the quest past the Chieftain part.

There is another step later in the chain where you have to go back to the Chieftain (possibly more than one?). Every time I encountered these steps, I had the same issue, and had to manually advance the questline: the Chiefs wanted nothing to do with me! The vendor worked fine, though.

I was running around in Talonland in a hovercraft (it's in the save file). I was Neutral. The information in-game says I should have been losing rep with them every 5 mins for having a ship on their turf at Neutral. I was not (I got the messages for rep changes with Zirax, but not with Talon, and I checked and my numbers were not changing). I hope this is just a display error in the rep screen, and it was adjusted so you can fly through their area on Neutral, and the in-game info wasn't updated... as that would make it nearly impossible to get higher rep level, if you are trying to do the quests in their area. You have to go in on foot? That's a lot of ground to cover without a vehicle to get you around in, and a pretty hefty rep penalty while you do it!

Link to save file:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VbxwukZgDT5JZM_3nadDhESHccSmt3ku

StyxAnnihilator and Germanicus like this.
  14. NimrodX

NimrodX Commander

I seem to sometimes get green (completed) Polaris missions that switched back to yellow so I can do them again (kill the drones etc). Is that supposed to happen?

One of the missions where you're supposed to kill 15 Zirax only gave me credit for killing drones or something, not soldiers and robots.

One of them where you defend a Polaris base never counted it when I killed the drones. I had to force complete that one.

15. Trendane

Trendane Lieutenant

I believe that some are meant to be repeatable, yes. As for the ones not counting and having to be force-completed, I'd call that bug.

16. MidasGunhazard

MidasGunhazard Captain

I get the feeling some generic quests are supposed to be repeatable for the sake of building rep. Obviously this could change, but it makes sense to me that on top of the modifiers there'd also be some base-line 'task' you can do over and over for the factions to build up rep.

17. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

Recently started a new SP with build (and seed) 2099, Arid 3, custom difficulty, mass+volume off. Trying out missions and NCP faction a bit. By accident I picked up 1 tribalsack that were close to plants, at one of the small Talon places. Were able to finish a mission to become Neutral, then another mission and some prey kills to become friendly again. Honored with Polaris I can do with a mission and/or some prey kills. Penalties for some actions might be too harsh, where it can become a grind to build up Reputation again.
    S2099B.jpg
    Several small issues with missions, but many addressed already by others. Have to try them out better (along with NCP factions) before more detailed suggestions from me.

18. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    The companion missions are repeatable :)

@Alatun >> Chief missions > i notice 2 HUD markers on the screenshot. Did there happen to be a HUD marker for the chief in front of you?

19. NimrodX

NimrodX Commander

I'm not complaining that they're repeatable, I'm just not sure what conditions they're repeatable under which makes me wonder if they're supposed to be repeatable or if there's a bug. Is there a rule like you can't do the same repeatable mission twice in a row?

20. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

there is a timer I think it is 1 hour, RT or GT I do not know