A9 - NPC Factions: New Companion Missions

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Yes, there is a timer for the repeatable missions.

2. Alatun

Alatun Commander

Which one are you referring to: there are 3 white (bookmarks to mining and other locations I set), 1 yellow (waypoint to my base) and two green ones: one dark green seems the Talon settlement, the light green seems the vessel I travelled. No there has never been a HUD marker for the chief.

3. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Looks like one of the containers on the damaged shuttle was missed.
    If you loot the wrong box when you are looking for the roots you will make Polaris unhappy with you.

20190107103521_1.jpg

4. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I was going through "Totally overpowered" when one of the Zirax blew away a block from the floor of the brewery...

20190109174728_1.jpg

Perhaps turn off SI for the brewery?
    Side notes, Zirax are lava-proof.

Also, the Zirax only count towards the quest if the player kills them.
    If you have an active CV in the area, none of the CV's kills will advance the quest kill count.
    (Forcing the player to manually advance the quest).

5. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

A quick note on the base building Robinson Protocol.
    It's final step is build a generator and fuel tank, which are now LVL 3 items.
    Do you expect the player to be LVL 3 by the time they get to that phase?

Fenra369 likes this.
  6. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    If you followed the tutorials, you should be Lvl3 at minimum at that point. Otherwise...lvl3 is not really hard to get to (mining some ore, pick some stuff = quick lvl up)

Robot Shark likes this.
  7. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

I can confirm that's *not* the case depending on what difficulty level you set. If you set yourself at hard difficulty, you'll likely be around halfway to 3. If the expectation is to be level 3 after that mission, you'll need to buff the xp gain for people playing on hard.

As you said though, it's not impossible, but if I don't have a o2 gen and biofuel on an arid starter, I must delay doing this in order to actually make biofuel. In hard I don't have biofuel either.

8. Soyaro

Soyaro Lieutenant

I'm confused. To build a base you'll need a base starter. For that you'll need at least a portable constructor which unlocks on level 3. Another way would be to already have a base (however you did that) that comes with at least a small constructor which unlocks on level 3. And doesn't the survival tutorial (the first of the 4 parts) require you to craft a portable constructor? At least it did last time I started on an Arid planet which was yesterday. What do I miss?

BUT that's absolutely irrelevant for my problem. I can't continue the first talon quest because to find answers I am supposed to talk to the chief which I can't. As far as I know I visited every chief on the planet (which is rather easy if there are only two of them). Unfortunately I can't provide a save right now because I'm playing on a server - could that cause the problem? Serverstart was around 18 hours ago, if an admin want's to visit and try on his own I can send a pm with ip, password and my planet's name. Since I'm playing on an arid planet I would provide some oxygen too ;-)

9. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

Did you get a marker for the chief location? The second time I was to talk to a chief I got a marker but no visible chief the mission still advanced. The co-op I play with my kid has been a bit wonky in the mission department but as that is not the primary purpose of that playthrough when it fails to advance i just did the manual advancement and went on.

10. Soyaro

Soyaro Lieutenant

No markers aside those I placed myself. Now that I'm checking for them I can't even find the settlement on my map O.ô
    Well, it won't disappear, as soon as I'm heading back to the monument I'll find it again.

11. kingesckay

kingesckay Ensign

talon missions don't always move forward , when it came to talk to chief i did once but when i came back to get the next info i could not talk to him had to save game exit and reload then i could.
    also doesn't recognise previous actions, i took out a couple of zrx supply stations and destroyed the gens and fuel modules, then the talon quest to destroy 3 machines came up, i destroyed the 3 rd supply station which only gave me "2 machines destroyed " i tried attacking other zrx bases but i get a message you cannot damage this item with that weapon or something similar. maybe there is somewhere else i can go but i have yet to find it.

12. kingesckay

kingesckay Ensign

I tried ti finish the talon mission by going to the moon and destroying an armory but i seems that the armories do not have generators or fuel.
    on side note, how about some binoculars so that we can sit at a safe distance and scope out the place.

DeadliestIdiot likes this.
  13. kingesckay

kingesckay Ensign

oh an another thing is there a way to pimp out water, i powered up the dse added some turrets, dug it out but there is water in the lower decks its a bit wet in half the ship.

14. Dirge

Dirge Ensign

I just finished the last step, Human Remains, of "Talon Story Chapter 1 - Tales of the Past". The chief mentions the crashing sky chariots and gives you a drawing of their location. IDA says he is tracking and "...I added a new Mission Task to your PDA".

What mission task does he add? I see nothing new in there, no new map markers. Only change was that Talon chapter 1 was now marked green. Is this a bug, incomplete quest or am I missing something?

This seems very similar to "UCH Story Chapter 1 - Human Remains" which ends with mention of get coordinates of a radar station, and that we should go there, but nothing actually seems to happen. From what I read about that one it seems to be a known issue, but I have not been able to find any mention yet about a bug at this stage of this Talon quest.

15. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Totally Overpowered was Totally Broken the last three times I’ve attempted it. The first time I was instructed to go to the station but there was none in orbit, and going to the only station in the system did not advance the story.

The second time, I was able to go to the station, where I was instructed to speak with an NPC that did not spawn.

The third time, I made it to the lava planet and spent two hours searching for an NPC that did not spawn.