About the new six chapters

Discussion in 'Lore, Story and Factions' started by spacegal, Jan 2, 2023.

1. spacegal

spacegal Commander

Hello guys and happy new year!

At last I've returned into the starship of EGS: I didn't like too much v1.9 news but I've found another reason for playing it... well for the sake of this message it's not important after all.

So let's go straight to the point: I've finished the 6 new chapters and as usual a window appeared saying WIP but this time we should appreciate that the message is more human friendly than a classic TBC.

I must admit I enjoyed doing those 6 new chapters but at the same time I'm missing the whole Talon diary searching missions: hope those will return some day.

In my opinion the best thing to do is to put togheter all the elements:

- the spy story plot of the v1.6 with the prison and so on;
    - the Talon archeologist story by adding to it long branches to give a meaning to archeological missions in the whole game;
    - the more 'realistic' version of events in v1.9.

In my opinion the overall plot you are building for this game is very good - if you remember some months ago I wrote the plot was good so it's an upgrade at my eyes ;) - but considering a major patch each 6 months and that each 6 months the first 6 chapters are shuffled and wrote up again... well I hope not to lose vital details while changing so frequently the plot direction.

So I hope Vermillion can definitely put the best features of each plot try all togheter - I remember some months ago the story writer was Hummel-o-war so well I must thank him for his work - and wish him the best of luck :)

P.s.: well... about mr. Vermillion, maybe just maybe, it would be nice to bring some very good ideas he and Ravien had in Reforged Eden directly into the main EGS game but I'll write a new message on that: this is just a hint ;)

2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    In case you are talking about the default game, I am doing all the writing and creation of the story missions (except POIs. These are actually worked on by a lot of creative builders :) )

Which planet did you start on? (Just wondering why you did not have the Tales of Tash Log micromissions active)

Pach likes this.
  3. spacegal

spacegal Commander

Hello Hummel!
    How are you doing? Fine I hope at least until you'll finish EGS story :p joking of course.

Well so by reading your message the case is solved: when v1.9 was done I was disappointed by the fact that the story was left behind and I told myself: ok this could be the right time to try Reforged Eden.

Hence I installed RE v1.9 but to be honest with you I completely missed the fact that the guys rewrote the main plot too: from what I've read instead I thought they appended their own story to the vanilla of the main game. If you haven't removed the Tales of Tash then Ravien and Vermillion maybe have done it.

Anyway I started from the icy planet but not in EGS, in EGS RE. When I reached the plot's end the window doesn't say just to be continued but there is a nice message and also a memo about the work which is done by Vermillion alone... so I deduced he is working at the story of EGS.

So it seems that: we'll have the plot of EGS, the main EGS plot but from the point of view of EGS RE and the real plot of EGS RE... well plenty of story to follow :)

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Project Eden adds on my own story to the vanilla story (though I can no longer include the vanilla story in Project Eden due to several reasons).
    Reforged Galaxy replaces the vanilla story with Vermillion's own missions.
    Reforged Eden combines Reforged Galaxy with Project Eden, so that's why if you look in the PDA there is a separate Project Eden section for my missions.
    And yes we're both working on our own missions but it's a lot of work to do especially since we're working on the rest of the scenario at the same time.

The vanilla missions in Project Eden are the old ones, so if you want the current version start a new default survival game and give them a try as they've been reworked a lot.

5. spacegal

spacegal Commander

Well hello my friend: if you remember some months ago I promised a try and now is the moment :)

I'm even almost ready to post a proper message about your huge work but well I don't want to do an OT here, now :)

So I can safely return to my original point: to me the best game plot is the join between the plots but of course I'm talking about what I've seen and I do not know anything about the directions each one of you will take.

Now I'm ready to begin the RE missions, I'll report to all of you later of course ;)