Adding to Blocks Config

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Slingblades, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Slingblades

Slingblades Lieutenant

I Would like to be able to add blocks to the Blocks Config. I was going after having all the Blast Shutter Doors. However if I give BlockID 2048 that would be the next inline I get an error System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. If the index or array had more room that would be nice for those of us that would like to have these items or add custom stuff like Vermillion does with his custom setups.

2. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

You cannot use a block ID outside the maximum limit. Right now, the number of free block IDs available are around 150. You can use any of the free ones, but risk a future update by eleon using the ID as well, which means it will break all blueprints, POIs and savegames using that block ID.
    Alternatively, you could find a used but unobtainable/disabled/defunct/obsolete block and replace it with a new one. Make sure it really isn't used anywhere else in the game or you will run into problems such as POIs made of whatever block you added (e.g. A 4-year old POI that doesn't even work and shouldn't even be in use is suddenly made of Quantum CPU Extenders. This happened.).

Currently free IDs are 135 to 255 and a smattering of random digits up and down the list.
    IDs 135 to 255 appear to be reserved for terrain, plants and other worldgen blocks. So will likely be used by Eleon at some point in the future and may already have unwanted effects if they're pre-designated for specific uses by the game. But they do work, so far without issues.