Adressing an old issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Murkalael, Feb 22, 2023.

1. Murkalael

Murkalael Lieutenant

I'm going to skip the bug template. First some info:

-the bug itself is well known, is the ground vanishing bug. Since I bought this game(on 400+ hours of gameplay now) this is a 100% persistent issue, still devs say (as I've been told), they can't duplicate it. But no matter how many times I start over it's there like an undying fungus. So I gave the game a break and returned after almost one year on hiatus, and there it was again.

-I'm an old programmer, don't know any of today's languages or tools. I did assembly programming on the 90's on a Z80 processor, so I believe I can qualify as to how to track issues. So I did few experiments on 4 different save games. Since I'm already familiar with game mechanics it was easy to me to keep things with a pattern.

-So I noticed, no matter which area you choose to start your game there are few things:
    a) you will have plenty of the basic resources to start your basic survival
    b) you will usually go back and forth to crashing land area few times until you're ready to venture out on the planet or beyond
    c) on a certain point you might or might not craft the motorcycle, on my case first option is always true and that's where I might have found the clue for what devs might be missing.

The motorcycle itself has to adjust camera several times, to adapt to player's field of view. Here's a few things that happens when I start ridding on it.
    1)if I go from a higher ground to a lower level of the terrain, camera will flip 180 degrees and will not come back until I dismount and spawn the motorcycle on other spot.
    2)if I go from a lower level to a higher ground some spots start to appear on the area ahead.
    3)if I use the motorcycle to drive too much like covering 50% or more of the planet, the area beneath the base will also disappear like I reported here last year: https://empyriononline.com/threads/terrain-glitch.100268/#post-455448

I did tests on all 4 starting locations, 2 of them I did building motorcycle for mobility and 2 of them not, then I did them all changing the locations where I build and not build the motorcycle. The results were when not building the motorcycle, the issue did not appear. Summary, this might be the clue that devs need to fix this issue that seems to be ruining the game. If anyone from the community care to try to duplicate my results, might be appreciated.
    My specs:
    AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.60 GHz
    16,0 GB RAM
    VGA card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (4095 MB)
    4 Hard drives - 3 mechanical SATA, 1 SSD SATA
    Windows 10 Pro latest version.
    All drivers up to date.

Thanks for the attention.

cmguardia likes this.