Not a bug Alien container appears in the menu of ship remote cargo

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by DiMithras, Nov 6, 2022.

1. DiMithras

DiMithras Lieutenant

Build: v1.8.15 3887
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: 610947

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: N/A

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Trivial

Type: Cargo

Summary:
    When accessing the alien container in appears on the list of cargo boxes for ship remote control

Description:
    Neither breaks a game nor is a nasty bug. Yet it should not happen, IMHO :)
    Same applies to pentaxid tank that can not be accessed via F4 menu, but appears there when it's directly accessed. Might be a core mechanic, but seeing an alien container on the ship menu is a bit odd.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Access an alien container
    2) Switch the dropdown list to your ship
    3) Container is listed as a cargo box for the ship

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Myrmidon likes this.
  2. Garaman

Garaman Captain

This is actually a game feature. When you physically access any container it is always listed at the bottom of that menu so you can get back to it no matter how lost in the logistics list you get. It could probably use some kind of extra separator or highlight around it though to make it clear.

DiMithras likes this.
  3. DiMithras

DiMithras Lieutenant

A separator would be nice, especially if one does not rename containers and loots a cargo box.

Garaman likes this.
  4. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

The logistics is FUBARed in the latest versions of Empyrion. What @DiMithras points here is a bug, not a feature. Rare type cargo boxes where never set to appear on logistics of any structure in order to force players to explore and find them. Any change on logistics was not mentioned regarding. Also do not forget the active cryochamber and Pentaxid tank access bugs. Are all those related in some way? I do not know. We expect bug fixes regarding, though.

5. DiMithras

DiMithras Lieutenant

I guess we do not want them to appear on the menu, otherwise looting would become too easy with the core gone having literally no effort to explore, especially for new players or new POIs. I would expect it to be a separate entity, e.g.:
    • Ship name -> Looted_stuff_cargo_box
    • Abandoned mine -> CargoContainer04
    • Alien container -> Alien container
    If it's regarded as a separate entity, it will never appear on the POI menu.
    I bet it's related :thumpUp:

6. Garaman

Garaman Captain

This is correct, and I believe this is still the case. What DiMithras has described is that the alien container he is manually accessing shows up at the bottom of the dropdown list when viewing the container list of another structure. I believe this is the case with any cargo box that you manually access, and it has always worked this way. As mentioned, it could use some kind of separator or alternate way to indicate that it is a quick link back to the inventory of the container you are touching.

7. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

We will see what comes for all those we discussed here.

8. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    If the Alien Containers appear in the Logistics AS LONG as you did not CLOSE the view, then it is not a bug. Opening any container activates the Logistic view and there is of course ALL the containers you are allowed to set PLUS the one you are currently 'connected' to ( = the last container-open-click you did). Even if the container you clicked on is usually hidden from the Logistics list, it of course will appear there (otherwise you could not open it, as opening requires the Logistics sytem to be activated) ;)

What should not happen: If you close Logistics and then hit F4, the Alien Container should no longer appear.

(But I think that did not happen, correct?)

9. A.F.T

A.F.T Grand Admiral

Correct! :)

10. DiMithras

DiMithras Lieutenant

Yes, that's correct.
    As @Garaman mentioned, it's a feature. Yet an odd feature that may use some separator to make more distinctive.