Alpha 10.x releases have been considerably more reliable than previous

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Purple Impala, May 29, 2019.

1. Purple Impala

Purple Impala Ensign

In my opinion, the Alpha 10 releases have been of considerably better quality than previous Alphas. I have found all of them quite playable, with very few bugs serious enough to interfere with gameplay. I've spent a little over 2500 hours playing the game, and give my congratulations to Eleon and the their team.

2. WHM DaddyStu

WHM DaddyStu Lieutenant

I agree. Carried out a CV test battle and an SV test battle (in atmos) on the Eleon experimental server yesterday. I've also updated a number of ships in creative. This is the most stable EXP release cycle i've seen since I started on alpha v4.

3. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

There's also been a noticeable increase in texture resolution and quality without any impact to performance, so that's good.

4. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯ Captain

It's stable thats true, but the "Base Attack" still needs a lot of attention and the shields require struggling balancing work.
    All over all i don't think finishing this Experimental is less work but maybe just kinda another kind of work.
    Also there are already 49 Bugs fixed, 27 under tracking and another 21 known issues.

5. Ian Einman

Ian Einman Captain

Yes, I think that they rushed out Alpha 9 too quickly, and also pushed it from EXP to release too quickly. I was one of many that criticized the Alpha 9 rollout, so I definitely appreciate that Alpha 10 EXP is much more stable and they seem to be giving it an appropriate amount of time before pushing it out into the world.

For me, Alpha 8 EXP was pretty stable as well. I didn't like the fact I seemingly had to restart with each new build, but once I started a game, it was stable for me.