Alpha 7.1 - Feedback: New Tutorial

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Oct 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talru

Talru Ensign

By the way, unless myself and others missed it somehow. I think you forgot to put instructions on how to use the elevator. (Unless this has been fixed now)

IronCartographer likes this.
  2. Talru

Talru Ensign

Oh and sorry for second post but just had a thought of possible way could handle the locked items.

You already have items locked because it belongs to a different faction. Is it possible to change the faction of an item depending on your progress in game? Maybe a different faction, a 'Not ready to use yet' Faction?

I don't know how difficult that would be or how possible but figured offer the idea just in case.

I also agree being able to see what you need to do while you are doing it would be helpful rather than always having to check the log. Pop ups gives you time to read it but you can't do anything without closing it first.

rucky and IronCartographer like this.
  3. Dragazhar

Dragazhar Lieutenant

I just loaded up my game after not being online a few days before coming here to check for a response, I just restarted the game after adding that command you mentioned above, but there is still no change. No yellow marker. Not sure what's up. Last thing listed in the PDA log is taking mats out of the constuctor's inventory head over the the dmged greenhouse. I will restart and see if I can get past this part.

4. kingesckay

kingesckay Ensign

I found the tutorial quite good .I am totally knew to this type of game. Only thing i might suggest that hasnt been suggested so far is that since its a tutorial perhaps and auto pause while reading the information. some bug just about killed me because i was reading what to do next and then i couldn't get out of the info page fast enough to turn around a shoot it.
    also when taking out stuff from lockers etc i found i had filled by carry all and some of the "empty the locker" steps would not auto progress because i swapped items instead of dumping them. It took ages to work out the armour locker one because i equiped straight away and didn't empty the locker and then equip.

monktk and rucky like this.
  5. kingesckay

kingesckay Ensign

Also (not strictly about the tutorial) when making blocks and things etc its unclear which items have more hit points. armoured concrete has more hot points than steel blocks but its not obvious until after you place then and then point the multi tool at it.

6. kingesckay

kingesckay Ensign

codes, for containers and machinery in every place that people get issued codes to operate anything they are given 1 code for all things. That way the auditors can know who did what when, because the code is unique to an individual not to the item.

7. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Man on the Moon/Hover vessel:
    Tell the player to pick up his bike again before using the Hovercraft to return to the Mining hub. Otherwise he might forget it out there, but needs it later on again when going to the greenhouses.

/jmc

8. Dragazhar

Dragazhar Lieutenant

2nd tutorial try.. worked just fine.. I have fixed the greenhouse just fine.. :) The markers came up perfectly.

9. Talru

Talru Ensign

Tried it again and defiantly a lot better. Think there was only one point where everything was happening to fast I missed some stuff but was able to look it up. Use of elevator still needs information on that in beginning. Also I can imagine the way it's set up around the airlock can be pretty confusing to with everything going on. Think as well might be better at the airlock point, only direct towards the airlock and then once using it give the indicator to where to go once out. Having pointers pointing in two directions at same time just adds confusion to an already intense situation.

Also could we have an unlocked cargo box to store extra stuff when it comes to using blueprint? Seems be no matter how I play it end up with to much stuff in inventory to get everything from the cargo boxes without dropping something. Way it's set up don't really take that into account though.

10. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    yep, that's a bit of a problem - i did not find a good solution. If i add a container to drop stuff, i cannot make sure that the player really only drops what he thinks he does not need..and i cannot "see" what he has currently in his pockets he does not need (ad the drops from the enemies are random...and, depending on the player, keeping food or medicals and ammo might be suitable).

I'll go through the pda-provides stuff and maybe add a note at points where i can make sure, players do not leave behind something that they still need...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.