Alpha 7 - FAQ and Feedback: Blueprint Spawn

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Oct 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I hope the Devs read this post because I think this would work so much better with the platforms.
    Maybe instead of players spawning the ship in. Maybe the devs can create a Ship spawner in the game to replace the blue print factory and you can add your blueprints to a Spawner that you place on the platform that will spawn the ship in for you after you added the correct materials. Just so players don't have to worry about placing the ship on the platform.. Just make Bases the only thing you have manual place in survival. Let the CVs, SV and HVs be spawned in by a Spawner that we place on a platform. So that way we don't have to worry about fighting with the system just to spawn our favorite ships or getting the platform just right. It will save a lot of time and a lot of headaches.

2. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

So no Spawning a new Defense Fighter in my Class 50 Fleet Carrier CV ??
    Come On, @banksman45 ;-) who's the CV guy here ?! :p

3. StuardBr

StuardBr Lieutenant

Yes yes, i agree. Small CVs land perfec on the platform surface and become green, but large CV if you put then upper, i receive a "Spawn on base" alert, if i lower, i receive a "There is an object in spawn area". So, the glitch with the camera for some unknown reason, bypass this alerts...

monktk and banksman45 like this.
  4. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I agree. The camera views need to be adjusted for bigger objects. I would think this would be a easy fix so hopefully they will correct it.

monktk likes this.
  5. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Well course a Ship spawner for CV hangars . So a spawner for bases and CVs as well. Let me clear that up. A spawner that can spawn ships that can be placed on platforms and CV hangars. The CV spawner can spawn in SVs and HVs while the Base spawner can spawn in all three (CVs SVs and HVs That is what I meant. LOL;)

IronCartographer and rucky like this.
  6. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

better ;-)

banksman45 likes this.
  7. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

lol I'm surprised that the Devs didn't approach shipyards this way. They use spawners for everything else in this game. So why not make the blueprint factory a spawner.

IronCartographer and rucky like this.
  8. IronCartographer

IronCartographer Captain

I was thinking about this the other day: Why didn't patrol vessels get added after the shipyard feature? Then they could have used the same mechanics as the player system to build/repair/replace PVs, with just a little extra AI!

It would be much more satisfying if we could pilot those things after they drop from the sky, too. ;)

banksman45 likes this.
  9. Black Widow

Black Widow Lieutenant

Hello

just to say that i don't realy like the fact we have to spawn our svs on a base or cv, with all the bugs this game has, spawning na emergency sv in space or in ground was a life saviour, now we just die due to stupid bugs that pressist on still alive like game crash when we change playfield from planet to orbit and vice versa, and when you return from that bug crash you are on planet and your CV on space or vice versa, so an emergency sv spawned solved that problema and many others like it until you guys remembre this aberration.

see you all .... maybe on space eng or similar

BW

10. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I have to agree. I wold love to take them out and fly them back to my base.

11. StuardBr

StuardBr Lieutenant

I don't like to agree with this, but it's a true. One disconnect from a MP server is enough to bring this problems of CV on a playfiled and you in another... I remember so many times that my emergency SV, ready to spawn from factory saved my life... This is a thing that need to be addressed FAST, to avoid people and server owners to just bypass the restriction and play with it effectively.

Ratan Kabidge likes this.
  12. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Can't wait to see players making huge interior "factories" , spawn a big SV in it, hop in the pilot seat... and get stuck in the hangar because the doors are too small...

13. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

The only middle ground I see is the owners of the MP server who do not like this restriction disabling it. If they have shipyards but but get rid of the bp restrictions then PVPers will start complaining again about people carrying Star Destroyers in their back pocket and spawning it in during a PVP battle which I thought was a funny example. I've had a lot of things in my pocket but a star destroyer isn't one of them. lol

Now if you're in play single player you can just type in SBP and you can spawn anything you want anywhere you want. So it's not such a big deal in SP unless you care that much about playing the game by the rules. It may come down to finding a MP server who has this restriction disabled just like some of us look for MP servers with no size restrictions or class restrictions. I'm sure not all MP servers are going to keep this restriction. Some admin out there is going to share your view and just disable it.

14. StuardBr

StuardBr Lieutenant

I think that some admins will keep the restricion because they don't play with large CVs or want to force the players to deal with the restriction. And, this admins will deal with some headache when players start to "PLZ, I LOST MY CV IN A DISCONECT! BRING IT TO ME"

banksman45 likes this.
  15. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Epic weapons being buildable is a bad direction.

No point ever building a POI for this game ever again with no incentive to go into them.

No point ever raiding a POI again, why risk it at all when you can just build em.
    You can get AM's from other non lethal POIs.

And thanks for the lag of loading 10 or more POIs every map that we will never visit again.....

Does any of that strike you as up sheit creek Mc backwards ?

Over 4 years with this game, worst decision Ive seen in a very long time.

If you guys would just come back to the dark side that would be great !
    We have cookies you know !

Kassonnade likes this.
  16. Atola

Atola Commander

I think that the HV to SV Or even CV to CV docking (now that would be cool) should be MASS based not class based.
    It could even be ONE rule for ALL docking/spawning. Like Your CV has to have at least 25X the mass of your SV to spawn/dock to it.

The same rule could be applied to the use of repair blocks on a vehicle. No more repairing a huge CV from a tiny space base using a T1 generator!!

I would love to have a small CV miner or interplanetary hopper... attached to my main planetary CV ... which is attached to my absolutely HUGE CV that I rarely even move never leaves space, and when moves it trudges...

I also think Docked vehicles need to temporarily add their mass to the vehicle AND affect center of mass. (But not affecting the mass needed for other vehicles to dock).

To add to realism and to stop cheats... un-dock automatically occurs if conditions for docking become unmet. :)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  17. JulesD66

JulesD66 Ensign

I don't know how, but I bet I will find a way to go back to the days where my CV was my one and only base, My homey moveable center of the universe. I will have to go through the shipyard step first, but only once. I am already planning new CVs blueprints that I can easyly expand and modify starting from a minimal size.

Mortlath and banksman45 like this.
  18. jmtc

jmtc Captain

I would very much like to see CV placement rules relaxed a bit. It is very, very difficult to place a CV in the current version of the game. Players in effect have to move an object measuring tens to hundreds of meters at a pixel-precision scale as it stands.

As others have suggested, please either allow a greater tolerance for 'snapping' to a surface, or change the spawning mechanism to a dedicated spawner block.

As it stands, the only reliable methods for spawning CVs involve using console commands. This should not be required within the context of a survival game.

*Edit - Bug Report submitted

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    banksman45 likes this.
  19. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Well if you are playing a single player game then go to console commands and type in sbp and you can spawn your CV without the BP restrictions but if you play on a MP server then it's different. This is optional on MP servers so some Servers might not have it and you can start playing there but another solution to this is Creating roles in this game. Where you can start the game as a CV pilot with a NPC crew and you start the game with a CV starter block instead of a base core then you can mine enough resources to build your CV. Have the samething for Sv and Hvs. It sounds like to me that people love the survival part but they want to fly a certain ship most of the time. Create another game mode that allows you to start the game as a CV pilot or Sv pilot or a HV driver.

20. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Let's hope they find some purpose for NPCs and we can get missions & quests that will force players to explore POIs more that just for materials.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.