Alpha 7 - FAQ and Feedback: Blueprint Spawn

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Oct 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sillyrobot

sillyrobot Captain

I don't try to predict what the developers are going to do. I think the factory went about a year in its original form. Maybe they'll modify it in EXP 8; maybe they won't. Until it is modified, having a small pad kicking around is a useful emergency measure.

2. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

You are indeed playing like things will never change.

3. jmtc

jmtc Captain

I would like to ask for clarification of the above statement.

Your tip states "You do not even need a massive plate - just use the advantages of the "Connect-to-Base" build mode."

My testing in the game seems to indicate that a massive plate is required. I built an orbital base for spawning large CVs, and used the 'connect-to-base' mode to build a spaced grid platform measuring 166x286:

spawnbase_test_2017-10-19_19-05-33.png

It proved to be impossible to spawn a vessel on or over this base.

Then I modified the grid into a solid platform. Same dimensions, just has the blocks filled in to create a contiguous platform. This version spawns vessels without issue:

spawnbase_test_2017-10-21_13-20-25.png

I am aware that a hotfix update was made to the game to relax the 'snap' distance required for CVs, and this is appreciated. However, it did not affect the ability to spawn from the base with a non-solid platform.

If we don't need a massive plate when using the connect-to-base building mode, why is it that the first design shown will not work?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  4. dichebach

dichebach Captain

Here is a starter base

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1176679579

5. dichebach

dichebach Captain

Problems persist with CV spawning. Running version 7.0.2 1304

This ship: "CV_Minimal" Size 14 wide by 18 high by 22 deep
    [​IMG]

Will not spawn on this base: "Drone_Base_Taken" (I took the drone base, carved off the top layers and encased it in concrete): Size 30 wide by 20 high by 27 deep
    [​IMG]

Aerial view
    [​IMG]

I am disappoint . . . please explain.

ADDIT:
    SBP On: green zone isn't too tricky
    [​IMG]

Care taken to keep the ship in exactly the same position, SBP deactivated and no more spawn allowed
    [​IMG]

What is the point of this implementation after all? I thought we were testing or something??

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    banksman45 likes this.
  6. RDNt

RDNt Lieutenant

This functionality is totally broken. Most of my players are unable to spawn CVs at all.

I built a *HUGE* platform on default akua, unable to spawn "need to spawn on base"

I can spawn in orbit, but my players cannot.

So far out of about 12-15 players all have complaints unable to spawn CVs on their base, or in space.

But I can spawn them in space/orbit.

dichebach likes this.
  7. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

When I first read that new feature I felt bad. It was like some one trying to restrict the way I play. Then I gave it a little more...adaptive...thought. It is what I like to do whenever I fell restricted by game mechanics during gameplay.

First of all, I tried to think where do the developers are trying to lead gameplay. A wild guess was that they are trying to favor immersion with the introduction of shipyards. Special factories part of BAs, where you choose your blueprint and stuff them with resources like you do in the constructors, press a button and it starts building it.

That might or might not happen in a future time, but actions needed to be taken from this Alpha version of Empyrion. Especially if you are fond of large and XL CVs. So in the mean time we either have to use the "connect to base" shortcut or be more creative and build our own sizable landing pads. Which is what I did. It is a big pleasure to adapt after all, but in my own way.

So here is my example/answer is Ancient Mega Landing Pad

banksman45 and Mortlath like this.
  8. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Q: I cannot spawn my vessel at all!
    A: The last hotfix increased the "alignment tolerance" for spawning already. Problem is: the larger your vessel is, the more difficult this tolerance zone is to hit. Alpha 7.1 will bring two new improvements to fix this.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    Mortlath, StuardBr and dichebach like this.
  9. StuardBr

StuardBr Lieutenant

The mother of all the problems with this new method ISN'T the method itself, are the BUGs, and the father of the problems are US, old players.

We know the engine bugs, we know that sometimes the crazy game crash when we enter/exit atmosphere of a planet and when we back, our vessel is gone.
    We know that sometimes when enter at atmosphere, we see our ship falling JUST ABOVE A FORTRESS, and we can't do nothing than a fast exit and pray for the vessel to stay freeze on the air, out of the fire range of the POI. AND THIS IS THE BIG PROBLEM. All os us here know, when this happen again, our "pocket factory" won't be available so save our as*. I think that the method is not the problem, but Eleon Games need to address this bugs FAST, or expend time building or farming to create a beautiful CV or SV will be a useless time when we lost then somewhere in space because of a bug.

Second, the another problem are US. Many of us, old players, we like the way we learned to play. Anything that change our comfort zone won't be well accepted, and this is natural. But we need to learn that this is a alpha game, so MANY thins will change until the release.

I think we need to help with ideias to IMPROVE the system, to address problems, not just say "This is terrible, remove".

I hated the new mining system. I'm comfortable with put a 6x drill on a HV, take my hat and get tons and tons of ores. Now the thing is a bit harder, and i don't liked, but is a necessary pain.
    I hated the auto miner. A item that "dupe" anything is not acceptable in a survival game. Now, the miner drain the ore vein so is good to use now.

We need to learn and help more and stop crying.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    Mortlath and zztong like this.
  10. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Man, you really need to learn how to take backups of your save games. And as for the new mining mechanics the only things changed is that now we have to visit more mineral depots than before.

11. StuardBr

StuardBr Lieutenant

I don't remember where in my post i said about MY game in case. This occur in SP and MP, MP is reaaally frequently than SP. And, again "I" hated, ME, MY OPINION, i don't say that is terrible, "worse thing ever", like others, I hated, but i'll deal with it, it's a new mechanic that i will absorb with the time.

12. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Yes, no pun intended my friend :)

13. Booyaah

Booyaah Captain

There should be a 'LimitedGroundSpawn' option in the dedi yaml that allows you to spawn in class 1 blueprints only without the use of a 'shipyard' just due to the buggy nature of the game, or even like a class .5 thats 100 blocks or less to build a literal escape pod at a minimum.

14. zztong

zztong Rear Admiral

I built a pad this week and placed a blueprint. I noted that the pad ended up being larger than needed because the pad has to be sized to the dimensions of the entire ship, not just for where the landing gear ends up. The Dev's could possibly save the players some resources if they were to calculate placement requirements based on landing gear.

Of course, landing gear is sometimes meaningless to placement in space. I've mentioned placement in space in another post.

15. Thunderbug

Thunderbug Ensign

Remove this awful system. Great in theory but in practice its just a gigantic pain in the arse, that does nothing but waste time and effort. Im only trying to spawn in a size 2 ship and the platform has consumed over 3000 concrete blocks, is a massive eye sore and is completely unnecessary.

The stupidest thing is that if I wanted to build the ship block by block I wouldnt need this asinine platform but I had the gall to design it in creative and now im being punished for it.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    banksman45 likes this.
  16. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Q: I cannot spawn my vessel at all!
    A: Alpha 7.0.3 has added a "snap to surface" for CV, SV and HV to position the BP wireframe optimal on the surface.

Q: Can i change the distance and the viewpoint when placing a BP?
    A: Yes. You can pull or push the BP with POS1/END. You can raise or lower via PAGE UP/DOWN

17. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

After the 7.0.3 update . This is how I feel about the BP spawn limitations.

ShipYards= Great idea
    Spawn points limited to general area of your base = Completely understand and a great idea

Needing to build a platform either bigger or the same size as your Ship just to spawn it = Too much of a limitation and I can't speak for everyone but it takes the joy out of building my favorite ships which are the larger CVs. There has to be a middle ground here because this is a little much because after I spawn in my CV then I'm going to have this giant platform sitting out there taking up space .
    Yes I could turn it into a space base but what is there to do in space right now besides one or two bases and 2 or 3 AI CV ships?
    Not to mention if you plan on spawning your CV in space then you will need a pre built platform because you will freeze out there trying to build a platform big enough for a larger CV.
    Unless I plan on building a fleet of ships for one survival game then it's kind of pointless for me to have one large platform that I may only use a couple of times in game. I understand realism but there is a such thing as being too realistic and forgetting the game part.
    This maybe kind of practical for MP but for a single player like me who loves to build this not even practical . I know the other question is,
    why don't you just build smaller ships well my answer is. I play games to do something called have fun and my idea of fun is building larger ships. So that is why I won't scale down.

Again I love the Shipyard idea
    Love the Spawning ships being restricted to a certain area near your base
    but needing to build a platform that matches the size of your ship, is too extreme for me.

IanX, IronCartographer, jmtc and 2 others like this.
  18. dichebach

dichebach Captain

Keep and perfect this system, and continue on the path you have envisioned.

Anyone who thinks it is "awful" and needs to be abandoned immediately should learn to use some simple console commands.
    ~
    sbp
    Esc

Now you can spawn without the blue print restrictions.

Let them get it working right and then judge if it enhances the game or not.

Mortlath likes this.
  19. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

WOW I thought I was the only one running into this issue now. It's still happening to me as well. I have to keep pressing the mouse key continuously while I lower my ship down slowly in order for it work. lol

20. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I would love the answer to that myself.

jmtc and rucky like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.